Janie update

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kris & Jane (GA), May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kris & Jane (GA)

Kris & Jane (GA) Member

She spent another night at the hospital, and I talked to the overnight vet this morning. She's eating and drinking and pooping, alert and her Janieful self, taking up a lot of staff time who keep visiting her to get some delicious Janie love.

Her bg is still uncontrolled. They gave her 1u of PZI at 8 p.m., and at +4, it was in the 200s, but at +8, back in the 400s. (They don't have Lantus there -- that was her old juice of choice before the long and lovely honeymoon.)

I forgot to ask about her heart rate, which was severely elevated Friday night, in the mid/high 200 bpms. Her hyper-t meds will have to be increased, as that seems the culprit. Because of her touchy belly (and I'm not referring to how everyone loves to touch the Janie belly), I have her hyper-t meds compounded to a transdermal, but that may not be effective anymore.

That's the roundup from outside ALbany, where it's a lovely day outside but lonely in the house.

Keep those prayers coming please - I KNOW that's what at work here!

ETA-- While wonderful in other ways, the overnight vet said, "We really discourage the use of those home glucometers. They're very inaccurate, sometimes 80 points off, and it's just not a good idea. We like to see owners use the ketone strips."

2. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Janie just wants the attention she is getting there :D I cannot believe this
    He needs to be given some printed articles from vet journals promoting home testing. Prayers still coming for Janie.

3. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Of course Janie remains in my prayers.

4. Mal and Tubby (GA)

Mal and Tubby (GA) Member

Sure is nice to hear good news about Janie. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.