Jasmine update

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Debra & CB (GA) & Gang, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debra & CB (GA) & Gang

Debra & CB (GA) & Gang Member

I just got home from the vet, brought Jasmine home with me. Dr. I was able to remove about 60 cc from her chest, but after that Jasmine started really putting up a struggle with them and Dr. I didn't want to get her too upset. The fluid was clear and will be sent out for analyzing, hopefully it'll only take 2 or 3 working days to get the results from it. More importantly, Jasmine is breathing a LOT easier now even though she still has some fluid in her chest. Once we get the results back we'll know more about what the cause is, and hopefully it'll be something we can treat medicinally.

Dr. I was a bit upset (not at me) that Jasmine has been a crf kitty for almost a year and never got "full" treatment from our previous vet. My old vet treats crf kitties by home subq fluids, and pushes Hill's KD at them.........and that's basically it. They did try Jasmine on one month of blood pressure meds (even though her blood pressure was normal!) and all that did was made her renal values go higher, so I stopped giving her that med.

Once we figure out this chest fluid thing Dr. I wants to run bloodwork to see where Jasmine's renal values are. She gave me a sample pouch of Royal Canin renal wet food, and a small baggie of their dry renal food to try. We were given Hill's KD canned by my old vet and Jasmine turned her nose up at it, so maybe she'll like this food better. Plus Dr. I said that we can treat the crf as aggressively as "I" want..........or, more likely, as much as my bank account can tolerate! LOL! I understand that we need to see what her phos levels are, her blood count, and other stuff. I'm going to let Jasmine be the determining factor here though. I know that when she's ready, she'll tell me that she's had enough. Care Bear and Cinnamon both did.

For right now though, Jasmine got herself a drink of water, pooped, and has gone to my bed to take a well deserved nap. We'll wait, and watch, and see where she leads us.

Thanks everyone!

2. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update Debra, sounds good. Keep your chin up, Jasmine!!

3. Connie & Em (GA)

Connie & Em (GA) Member

i hope she likes the food for you.. and I hope you get a quick answer back on the fluid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.