Jasper is on her way to vet..doesn't look good

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by slb1107, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slb1107

slb1107 Guest

We just found Jasper very unresponsive and I tried putting honey on her gums but she was just like gasping for air. It's all my fault. I should have went looking for her sooner. We just got back from out of town b/c my son had to have surgery and Jasper stayed at our daycare where the dogs were b/c nobody else could watch her and when I brought her home she ran and hid and then I got so busy trying to get things unpacked and grocery shopping and I should have looked for her sooner...I called the on call vet in our area and my husband is taking her b/c I'm too much of a wreck..but I know it's too late.. and it's all my fault..who knows how long she was laying there...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh NO!!! Tell me more, I don't understand. Did you test her?

3. slb1107

slb1107 Guest

No I was so upset all I could do was pet her head gently. I should have tested her when I brought her home. I should have given her away..then she would still be ok and probably even better. I should have checked on her before. I should have known.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

tell me your name again...i remember you but i can't get the name....
    is your husband taking Jasper to put to sleep

5. slb1107

slb1107 Guest

Sara.

The vet wants to put her on an iv and glucose overnight and see how she is in the morning. Her number was 20 when they tested her.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oh wow. will he do it? your husband...will he do it?

7. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

((((Sara)))))

Hang in there hon, cats can and do pull out of hypo, and you did exactly what you needed to do, you got her to the vet's where they can get her the help she needs to pull her numbers back up.

Tons of prayers coming from all of us here that Jasper will make a speedy and complete recovery.

Just try to breathe and know that Jasper is right where she needs to be right now.

Mel, Maxwell, Musette & The Fur Gang

8. slb1107

slb1107 Guest

The only thing is nobody will be there to watch her if something goes wrong and they think shes suffered brain damage. but we will still hope that she can make it.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

seems like you never know how much you love something...until it may be gone.
    I am praying for you Sara...you and Jasper and your husband and your baby.
    Please keep us posted ok?

10. slb1107

slb1107 Guest

She's having a seizure and they say the only way to save her is to take her to a 24 hour vet that is an hour away.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oh sweetie......prayers.

12. slb1107

slb1107 Guest

They are gonna try to stabilize her so she can be transported but they don't know if she'll even make the drive. My husband is gonna take her b/c I have to stay home with our baby.

13. doombuggy

doombuggy Well-Known Member

Please update when you can. Special prayers to St. Francis (the patron saint for animals) for your Jasper!
    it is not your fault!

14. ohbell

ohbell Well-Known Member

Sara,
    How is Jasper???
    Shout at me if you want :YMHUG:

15. slb1107

slb1107 Guest

She didn't make it. My husband is going to go pick her up and take her to his parents house and bury her next to our hamster. I'm going to get a nice little stone or something to put on her grave.

16. ohbell

ohbell Well-Known Member

Sara, so sorry to hear this information! Please know I am here if you need to lean ok?

17. slb1107

slb1107 Guest

Thank you.

18. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Oh Sara I am so sorry she didn't make it

But now she is healthy and happy with all our other kitties that have gone ahead at the Rainbow Bridge.

Fly Free Beautiful Jasper and land softly back in your momma's heart.

Mel, Maxwell, Musette & The Fur Gang

19. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh no! I am so very sorry for your loss. Sending many cyber hugs. Jasper is flying free now, whole and healthy over the Rainbow Bridge. rb_icon
    wings_cat

20. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Sara, my heart goes out to you and my deepest sympathy to you on the loss of your beautifiul Jasper.

21. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Jasper didn't make it. My heart goes out to you.

But please know that you shouldn't feel guilty. First, because guilt doesn't help anything. And second, because you did what you had to do as well as you could. Understand that things happen that we can't control.

22. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Sara,
    I'm so sorry Jasper had to leave. Big loooong hugs as you live thru this. Remember, it's the bodies that break, the spirit doesn't. She's right there with you trying her best to comfort you....don't blame yourself and quietly listen. She'll let you know.

Another big loooong hug,

23. kay&junior

kay&junior Member

so very sorry.

24. Christie & Willie (GA)

Christie & Willie (GA) Well-Known Member

Sara, I'm so sorry for your loss. ((hugs)) Jasper knows she was a very loved girl.

When Willie was first diagnosed, I was so focused on getting all of his health issues under control, that I didn't get my Miss Jezebelle into the vet for a checkup like I should have. It had been a long time, but money had been so tight that I was barely taking care of myself, and I know that I wasn't getting the furbabies the care they needed. I went out one morning to get sugar, and came home to Miss Belle unresponsive on the floor. Like sweet Jasper, she didn't make it. I know how you're feeling now, and I promise you, it will be okay. Miss Belle came to me in a dream that night to let me know that she was okay, and she's come to me in dreams since.... always her sweet, loving self... letting me know that she was okay, free of suffering, and always with Willie and I.

Willie, Herbie and I will be lighting a candle for Jasper tonight, knowing Miss Belle will be meeting your dear girl at the bridge to welcome her.

Fly free and land softly, beautiful girl. rb_icon

25. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Oh, ((((((((((Sara)))))))))) We all know how you are feeling, the what if. You did the best for Jasper and it was not to be, she had a loving home w/ you and it is unlikely that others would have been willing to give her the care she needed. Fly Free sweet Jasper.

26. terri1962

terri1962 Well-Known Member

Sara,

I am so very sorry for the loss of your beloved kitty Jasper. My heart goes out to you.

Terri

27. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

{{hugs}}

28. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Sara))) Sending you our deepest condolences on the loss of your precious girl.

Fly free sweet Jasper.

29. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

so sorry for your loss .. Fly Free Jasper ...

30. slb1107

slb1107 Guest

Thank you everyone. My husband has been so great through all this. He is the one who took her for me last night and drove the hour back again to get her body this morning. He took her to his parents house (they live in the country and have our hamster buried on their property) and buried her next to Hayden (our hamster). I ordered a river rock with her name, a heart, and paw prints on it to go on her grave. I had to come to work and I keep crying and I'm ready for this day to be over.

31. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss (((((HUGS)))))

Fly free Jasper :YMHUG: :YMHUG: wings_cat

32. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness how sad. I'm so very sorry..My sincere condolences..
    Fly free sweet kitty land ever so softly
    jeanne

33. RoysMum

RoysMum Member

I am so very sorry for your loss.

34. Peggy and Mickey (GA)

Peggy and Mickey (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh no, I am so very sorry for your loss. Fly free Jasper!

35. calliecat an marty

calliecat an marty Member

(((((((( sara )))))) I'm so sorry for your loss !

36. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. Fly free Jasper rb_icon

37. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sara,
    I have been waiting to post...remembering how hard this was for you in the beginning. How you fought to keep Jasper. How you almost lost her and did'nt know what to do.
    You kept Jasper and I was so relieved, so happy. Jasper did'nt want to go anywhere else. She knew you were her family....she knew.
    She would NOT have been better off with another family. You belonged to her and she got to keep you.
    So.....I can tell you this, Jasper had to go.....but I am glad she went still being part of your family Sara.
    My Tom left me nearly a month ago now. I keep telling myself that I was his mom....and THAT was the important thing. I may not have gotten him all the vet care one could possibly get....but he had me.
    And Jasper had you.
    Hugs....Warm, Gentle Hugs Sara,
    Lori

38. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

((((Sara))))
    We are very sorry to learn of Jasper's passing. You did all that you could do under difficult circumstances and Jasper knew that. Now she is well again and being welcomed at the Bridge by all of our GAs. She will watch over you and wait in your heart until you meet again.
    Fly free, sweet Jasper. You are much loved.

In deep sympathy,

Ella & Rusty and Stu (GA)

39. SmokeyD

SmokeyD Member

I'm so sorry to hear of Jasper's passing. Take comfort in that you did all that you could- there is no guilt to be had in that. Jasper was loved and that counts more than anything else.

40. delyro

delyro New Member

So sorry to hear of your loss. Please don't blame youself. God allows things to happen for a reason. We may not always get to see that reason, but I know He has one. Prayers for you.

41. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Sara, I am so so sorry for your loss. May the memories of your girl comfort you. Fly free little one, you will be missed. wings_cat

42. Lylene & Barry

Lylene & Barry Member

Sara,

I'm so sorry to hear about Jasper. Jasper will always be with you and she knows how much you loved her and everything you did for her. Glad your DH is being supportive. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you. :YMHUG:

Fly free and land softly sweet Jasper wings_cat

43. Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN)

Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN) Member

(((((Sara))))) I am so very sorry. May you always feel Jasper's love; she will always feel yours. Fly free, Jasper. wings_cat

44. Karen & Pearl

Karen & Pearl Member

I am so so so sorry. I know it is hard to give yourself a break but we simply. Cannot. Control. Everything that leads to something like this. You have to realize that and just cherish the time you had.

45. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Fly free Jasper....hugs

46. CatherineandIssey

CatherineandIssey Member

So sorry to hear about Jasper. But take comfort in the fact you gave her love and a home - which is all our kitties ask for.
    Thoughts are with you

47. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Sara)))

I am so sorry for your loss of your sweet Jasper. Guilt is the hardest thing to deal with for me when grieving. I lost my Sara 3 months ago and am still trying to deal with the what if's. It has gotten better and I know in my heart that it wasn't my fault. That I did the best I could. You will have doubts but know that Jasper was a very loved kitty and she knew it. She wouldn't have been better off anywhere else! Some things are just meant to be and we cannot change them. No matter what we say we should have done.

Jasper is happy and playing with all the GA's at the bridge. She was a very lucky kitty to have you as her mom. Love is everything.

Just remember honey it's not your fault.

My heart goes out to you your DH and family. (((Sara, DH)))

Fly Free Sweet Jasper wings_cat

48. doombuggy

doombuggy Well-Known Member

So sorry that she didn't make it. Hugs to you and your husband. :YMHUG:

49. Cheryl & Whiskers (GA)

Cheryl & Whiskers (GA) Member

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

50. DD & Tinkerbell

DD & Tinkerbell Well-Known Member

Fly free, sweet Jasper...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.