Jasper's first shot of insulin just now. His preshot bg was 327.

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Jasper Blue and Jay, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Jasper Blue and Jay

Jasper Blue and Jay Member

How soon should we test again?

I'm probably going to be up all night unable to sleep worried about him even though he only got .5 unit of prozinc. I don't want to test too much because he and I have not quite mastered our technique just yet and it stresses him out, also I'll be up alone with him after about 3am so its harder to test alone.

How long from the dose is the most important time to test?

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Deep breathes! Jasper is going to be just fine.

With ProZinc the lowest period in the cycle usually is between 4 and 7 hours post shot. That said, it is also important for you, Jasper's caregiver, to get your rest. Jasper is on a very low dose and with a pre-shot that high, chances of him going too low are very very slim. I would suggest you get a test 3 hours post shot and see if he has dropped at all as the ProZinc will be starting to kick in and may have dropped his BG a little.

What type of meter are you using? Can you please add that info to your signature so we don't keep bugging you for that info.

Have you read the Beginners Guide and the Protocol for using ProZinc ? If not, take some time to go through those documents to understand how ProZinc works.

The other thing you can do, perhaps while waiting to test Jasper tonight, is to set up a spreadsheet to track Jasper's BG readings. We rely on the spreadsheet when offering advice. It's easy to use and gives you a visual picture of how things are going. The instructions for setting up the Spreadsheet are HERE and THIS DOC explains how to use the spreadsheet. If you have any problems getting the spreadsheet set up, we can have it set up for you so just holler if you need help.

Jasper Blue and Jay likes this.
  3. Jasper Blue and Jay

Thanks so much. Updated the signature. I've been reading everything but will definitely reread that when I wake up and start working on the spreadsheet soon.

I'm very sick myself so I'm going to take a nap while my partner is going to be awake working anyway, and get up in a few hours to test him.

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  4. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Hope you start feeling better very soon! :)

Jasper Blue and Jay likes this.
  5. Jasper Blue and Jay

Thank so much, the nap helped and his +5 is 267 so I feel safe to go back to sleep.

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.