Jasper's on his way!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Smidge, May 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smidge

Smidge New Member

Hi all,

I have just managed to get a blood test reading from Jasper :D.

It's not a good number (17.8mmol) but he's on his way! This was about 3 hours after he had half a pouch of Whiskas in jelly because he was so hungry. He had his normal 1.5 pouches at 7.30am and 1.5 units Caninsulin - he normally has a handful of Iams senior with his breakfast, but I've stopped him having those. He was at 26mmol when diagnosed last Tuesday - so hopefully we're in the right direction.

IMG_20180506_153644482_HDR.jpg

2. MezaDog

MezaDog New Member

Seems like he's doing good! 17.8mmol is still higher than normal, but actually very close to what you're aiming for. Good luck on your journey! :bighug:

3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Keep truckin Jasper.

4. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Yay! Well done, you! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! Big milestone here!!

6. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Wonderful!

7. Smidge

Smidge New Member

Thanks all! Sorry not to have responded properly. Jasper OK but BG still high. Managing the jabs and blood tests better now. Sadly, his sister Cleo who is also hyperthyroid, has had some kind suspected seizure. She's in a bad way. Found her semi-collapsed after work on Wednesday. She's moving her right legs front and back very oddly but seems alert. Lots of tests but nothing yet except low potassium so she's in hospital on a drip. Also on antibiotics in case of infection. Not eating and outlook is bleak. Really don't know if I'm coming or going. Jasper is calling for her constantly. Trying to keep on top of Jasper's issues but having to deal mainly with Cleo at the moment. I'll be back in touch soon with Jasper's spreadsheet for some advice.

8. Smidge

Smidge New Member

Hi all,

I've been doing Jasper's curve today. I've managed from 7.30am to 7.15pm every 3ish hours. I intend to take another reading at about 10.30pm, but is it essential that I get up at 1.30am and 4.30am to complete the 24 hours? I don't want the ones I've done all day today to be a waste of time by missing the overnight two but Jasper is so grumpy and I am so tired.

I've been visiting his very poorly sister in the vet hospital and trying to persuade her to eat and dashing backwards and forwards to take Jas's bloods and give his injections. What do you all think - will it matter to not do the two overnight tests? I'm worried sick and exhausted. I think I am truly in cat hell this week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.