Javas first curve

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by javasfambam, Jul 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. javasfambam

javasfambam Member

Hi Guys

So we are almost through Javas first curve. Poor guy is so over it (its almost like he rolls is eyes when we warm up the sock thing!) But wev'e had 1 claw all day.

Id be grateful if someone could have a look at his sheet and give some feedback? Its early on, I think this is week 3?

We are doing 3 units of Caninsulin twice a day. We try to get it as close to 12/12 as we can - although we do know that its not lasting the full 12 hours. He had some massive numbers during the weekend - possibly a house full of loud people as the in-laws were over :) I did miss two tests when I had to duck out - unfortunately it may have been at the time he would have been the lowest.

I will send his curve to the vet tomorrow and hopefully she will agree to change us to Lantus. Then comes the change (which im going to ask for help doing too please :D )

Wet food - (NZ Chef brand, thinking of changing to Primal or Ziwipeak maybe? Just wary of changing insulin and food, and thinking insulin first might be a goer???

Thanks in advance - from all 3 of us!

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Not really not much "curve" to the curve. That could mean:
    - Does needs to be increased, or
    - Does is too high and should be reduced, or
    - Not the right insulin

Caninsulin is not a good insulin for cats. Levemir or Lantus are generally better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.