Jerida...new member

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jerida and Caesar, Sep 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerida and Caesar

Jerida and Caesar Member

Hi I'm Jerida and new to the forum, but looking for help with my cat Caesar...he is 12 and has been diabetic for 4 years. Well controlled till the past couple months. I read all the help people receive under this forum and decided to join. Hoping to make some friends and get some advice and answers....still learning to navigate the site and what to do.

2. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Hello Jerida and Caesar, welcome aboard :cat: the first thing you're probably going to want to do is set up a spreadsheet so that we can see Caesar's numbers (I'm assuming that you're home testing). The link to these instructions is here:

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/fdmb-spreadsheet-instructions.130337/

It's also helpful to put some basic info about Caesar into your signature. You can edit your signature by clicking on your name in the top right hand corner of the screen and then click on signature in the box of options that appears. The sort of info that we're after is date of dx, type of insulin used, diet, any other medical issues and meds taken, age etc and this is also where the link to your spreadsheet will end up.

You have certainly come to the right place for help and support with all things FD related :) for help with any general issues post in the health forum. If you have specific dose questions then we'll need to see the spreadsheet - you don't need to go back and enter 4 years of data of course but at least the last couple of weeks, and in your case perhaps a bit longer so we can see where things changed for Caesar. Depending on the type of insulin he's taking you may want to post those types of questions in the relevant insulin support group forum but posting those on health is okay too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.