Jetta was jumped last night by Blue and hurt-

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kellie and Oreo (GA), Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kellie and Oreo (GA)

Kellie and Oreo (GA) Member

Blue attacked Jetta and now it seems his right rear hind quarters are sore. He does not want to be touched there. Also when he walks there is a slight
    limp. What can help him? Well resting his hind quarter help him to mend and is there anything I could give him to help for it? Would heat on it or ice
    help him?
    If he does not get better he will be going to vet, but how many days do you let him try healing on his own?
    Thanks Kellie

2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh dear, Kellie never a dull day at your house is there? I'm sorry I dont know but I think it depends on if it is a bite or a scratch. If the injury is where he can reach and lick to keep open he will heal on his own (if its a bite) but bite marks are so dangerous I think I'd take him to the vet anyway for a/b's.

If he will let you look for the injury you can keep it clean and maybe put neosporin on it. This advice may be lame. I'm sure others will be on to set me straight.
    good luck,
    Jeanne

3. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I sounds like a a cat bite. Those usually turn into abscesses unless treated right a way with antibiotics. My Mitten had two abscesses at different times from Smokey bitting her. My Bailey had one from Smokey biting. At another time time Bailey was bleeding from a Smokey bite and I went to the vet for treatment (cleaning and antibiotics) and all was well.

4. Kellie and Oreo (GA)

Muscle ingury

There are no bite marks we can see or even blood. That is why I think Blue did something to the muscle or section of hind
    quarters. Seems to be a muscle or sprain in that area. So what should we do, let him trying resting and mending. Ice
    or heat. Wondering if RICE it like you do for people when they have a muscle injury?
    Yes Jeanne never a dull moment. Going to walk this canyon and will be back. Going to see if there is rushing water from Mt.
    and storms we had. lol\
    Kellie

5. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

If it's muscle ache or strain and not bite or scratch, you may want to try heat on it. Yes, ice can help, but heat will soothe the ache, plus it just feels good.

If you have a heating pad, put on lowest setting and see if he'll lay on it. Mine love it and won't ever get off it I let them at it.

6. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

The standard treatment for sprains is ice initially ion order to reduce inflammation. After the initial period of using ice, warmth is then used.

7. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

If it is a puncture-bite, sometimes the hole closes up and you can barely see it

These are the most likely to become abcesses.

Keep a close eye on the area and if it starts to redden or get hot,
    take to vet immediately.

8. Kellie and Oreo (GA)

Thank you guys, will keep watching and try some warmth

Well try the suggestions and keep watch.
    Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.