Joey's first curve - results.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by RuthV, Aug 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RuthV

RuthV Member

After being on the Lantus for three weeks, his BG is now down to the 400's, it was over 550 when diagnosed. The vet orders him now to 3 units Lantus (up from 2), twice a day. Does this sound like progress? He hasn't lost any weight, but at least hasn't gained. My husband was hoping he'd be in a normal range, but I knew better than to expect that much improvement.

Vet didn't say anything negative about my choice of food and feeding schedule, so that was a relief. Wants another curve in 2-3 weeks.

I packed his lunch and snack and he ate it - was at the vet from 8:30 - 5:30. He acted a bit strange when he got home - legs seemed stiff, maybe from being confined all day.

After another curve, I may decide to try the home testing. At 100 bucks a pop......well, you can see why I tend toward this decision.

2. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Not a Lantus user but......... save your money and possibly your cat from a hypo and start hometesting ASAP.

3. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

Did you get the blood sugar results for today's curve?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ruth, stop going to the vet for this. First of all you need to be hometesting before every shot anyway. you can do your own curves whenever you want. if your feeding the right foods it's a garuntee the bg's will be coming down.
    Please let us help you help your cat. and save you $

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.