Joey's new feeding plan - plz critique.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by RuthV, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RuthV

RuthV Member

I'm feeding five small meals per day.
    7:30 am with shot (2 units)
    10:45 am
    3:00 pm
    7:30 pm with shot (2 units)
    10:30 pm

I am dividing 2 cans of wet food equally. i.e. 2/5's of a can at each feeding. I''m also adding about 1 T. water and he seems to like the soupy texture.

As you may recall, he's only just been diagnosed, been on the Lantus for not quite 2 weeks, and will go for a glucose curve in about another week.

I am so glad that he is not even aware of the shot - I inject while he's eating.

RuthV

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ruth the feeding plan looks great, but why are you taking him to the vets for a curve? for less money and a more accurate curve you could do it yourself at home. are you currently hometesting?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

5. RuthV

RuthV Member

He has never had a curve. I may consider it later, altho I doubt I'll be able to get near him for an ear prick. He's only been diagnosed recently and only two weeks on the insulin.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ruth do you have the things you'll need when your ready to start testing joey at home.
    it really becomes rather simple to do, the cats end up enjoying the ritual! and there is really no way to control diabetes without daily testing. no matter what your vet may say. it's kind of like would you shoot insulin into yourself or you child without testings your blood first.
    i'm going to try to link you to some of our video's showing our member test while talking you thru it k?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.