Josie 4/11

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Holly and Josie, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

+53 - 108

She's been staying below 150 for the past two days, mostly between 115 -135. At one point last night she did get up to 155 and I figured we were going to be giving a shot in a few hours. However, we tested her a few hours later and she was at 117. So no shot! We're just taking each day (well, each hour, really!) as it comes.

2. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

+57 - 95. Suprised and excited by this number!

3. kse

kse Well-Known Member

Looking Great! I am very happy for you and Josie!

4. Catannc

Catannc Member

Awesome!

She should continue to come down for you, ECID so she may do it gradually over a couple of weeks or she could decide that from now on she prefers greens.

We had the same thing happen with a 157 number thrown in there, thinking "here comes a shot" and then Mr. P kicks back in. I think it's encouraging that that happened since it means she got to the top of the OTJ scale and Mr. P said "too high!!!" and brought her back down.

I do hope she drops quickly and stays down so you don't constantly have to worry about needing to shoot.

Great job, GO JOSIE!!!

5. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

:RAHCAT Yay Josie!!!

I love this, that seems to be how it goes, they teeter on the edge for a while needing a shot now and then but then will drop down into the greens and stay there.

Me thinks that we have several parties coming up soon. :D

6. Catannc

Catannc Member

I love parties......well, mostly because there's cake!

::Ahem:: No cake unless SS gets updated! :razz:

7. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

Thank you!

8. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

Well, that's good to know! Yes, I was very suprised (and happy!) that she came back down again.

Me too! And I am always worried about her needing another shot. At this point, I still expect to have to give another, but we'll see!

9. Doug N Libby

Doug N Libby Well-Known Member

:RAHCAT GOOOOO, JOSIE!!! :RAHCAT Super exciting!!!!

I keep trying to get Hershey to read some of these exciting threads, but he's choosing to ignore me

Libby (and Hershey, too!)

10. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm excited, but still feeling really nervous about the whole thing!

11. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

Hahaha. Yeah, I have some updating to do tonight.

And cake? We can't have cake! Well, maybe sugar free...

12. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

Thanks!

Well, cats DO love to ignore us! And do the opposite of what we say! Maybe if you tell him NOT to read these threads, he will just to spite you!

13. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

+60 - 95. We are testing a bit less frequently now, but every time we do my heart pounds out of my chest waiting for the result!

14. Doug N Libby

Doug N Libby Well-Known Member

SUPER number!!!

Maybe I'll try that with Hershey - can't hurt. ;-) Need to check ketones - been whispering messages to him all day about how nice and clean the litterbox is - he's ignoring those, too. At least he's consistent ;-)

15. Catannc

Catannc Member

2.5 days down and she's still green? I think you've got it, antijinx!!!

I feel a party coming on...sugar free cake!?! Woman, mind your tounge! :lol:

16. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

Thanks!

They do enjoy being difficult!

17. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

The green was a nice surprise today!

Haha, the idea of sugar free cake doesn't sound so appealing to me, but well, I don't think Josie would be too happy if there were cake at her party that she couldn't eat!

18. Jenn & Baxter

Jenn & Baxter Well-Known Member

dancing_cat dancing_cat THIS IS VERY EXCITING! dancing_cat dancing_cat

19. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

+65 was 84. Very pleased with this!

20. Catannc

Catannc Member

Well, Jenn....now you know who kidnapped Mr. P!

21. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

Those cats are SO cute! They look kinda like Josie!

22. Catannc

Catannc Member

She just keeps going and going....that's awesome, so happy for you guys! What a great day! :RAHCAT

23. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

Thanks! It has been a good day!

24. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

+70 - 68! Was VERY excited to see that.

Josie's a bit cranky, though. She did NOT want me testing her. She's over it, I think. Either that or she's still in a mood from having to break of a fight between my big male kitties. They were rolling around on the floor (play) fighting as usual and she jumped off the chair and cannonballed in between them and gave them a big what for! It was kind of hilarious. But she was completely annoyed about the whole thing.

25. Catannc

Catannc Member

"Stop with the pricking Mom, I got this!!!!"

26. Dragonfly229

Dragonfly229 Member

Linus will come to the party, but only if you serve pancakes. And syrup. And chocolate chips. And . . . well, you get the idea :smile:

Seriously - good job Josie! How exciting!

27. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

I think that's exactly what she's saying!

28. Jenn & Baxter

Popping in to check on that cute little cat, Josie!

Good job! :RAHCAT

29. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

Thanks!

Ooh, pancakes! I'm not sure how Josie would be able to resist all these delicious treats! I guess I'll have to eat her share. That'll work.

30. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

At +73 she was at 91, so that 68 didn't last too long. Maybe it was a false reading?

This morning, at +77, she was at 86.

31. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

Aw, thanks, Jenn. Oh, and I forgot to post on your thread, but I did give her a pat for you!

32. Catannc

Catannc Member

Her body is still figuring out what it should be doing so you'll get some readings that are a little higher sometimes. But she's been green for how long?

33. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

About 24 hours?

34. Catannc

Catannc Member

Really? That long? Cause, you know, it's hard to tell WITHOUT AN UPDATED SS!!!!

just kidding..... :D

35. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

I know, I know! I was supposed to get that done last night but I got home late and well, you know... tonight! My goal is tonight!

But yeah, it's been right about 24 hours.

36. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

+82 - 78! Very pleased!

37. Catannc

Catannc Member

You're going to have to switch to day notation soon! I know you must be on cloud nine, all that worrying and exhaustion has payed off finally. I know she's been acting fine for a while, but I bet she is gonna start acting like a much younger version of herself now, Kitten started going bonkers which shocked me cause she's almost 9!

38. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

Awesome!

No cake for our extra sweek furries, just Tunaritas and Cat Nip Streamers, maybe we can get someone to bring some mouseburgers. :lol:

39. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

Yeah, I have noticed that she seems more like herself lately. That make me happy. She's definitely a more subdued cat, especially compared to my male cats. (All three of my cats are the same age, but the boys act more like playful kittens than nearly 11 year old cats.) But that's just her personality. She's calm. But lately she has been playing with her toys a bit more, wanting to spend more time with us, getting mad at the other two, etc. I like seeing her be herself again!

40. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

Agreed, we gotta keep it carb free! And I think mouseburgers should be on the menu of any good cat party!

41. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

+89 - 74. Very, very happy!

42. Catannc

Catannc Member

You know we like seeing the good numbers, right? I know after a fee days you probably feel bad posting all those great numbers when others are struggling, but everyone wants to know and cheer y'all on! It gives hope that you're doing so well, proves that remission does really happen!

43. Jenn & Baxter

Feeling the need to give a :RAHCAT to my cute little friend!

Need a number to give that cheerleader cat to.

44. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

You're absolutely right. I did feel bad, like I was bragging or something. At first, it was exciting but then I wondered if it was getting annoying for everyone but me. Thanks for reassuring me that it wasn't! I didn't intend to skip a whole day of posting, though. I just meant to cut back. But I got a bit busy yesterday!

45. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

Thanks Jenn! Numbers are coming right up!

46. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

+130 - 56. So happy about that!

47. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

Geez... stay away a little while and all kinds of things happen! Am I seeing correctly? Is that a week w/o insulin? Ummmm... hate to be a broken record, but it sure would be nice to see it on a spreadsheet! ;-)

If that's correct... kudos to you!!! Get out the party hats!!! dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat

48. Jenn & Baxter

Ok Josie here is your :RAHCAT for the day!

Holly please brag.. :lol: I need you to it helps me see there is light. That there is a possibility. If its not going to happen for Baxter then I want it to happen for someone else.
    Baxter & I love to get all fixed up for parties. We even like doing clean up grew. We are just waiting on you & Josie to say when.

Goodness she is so cute give her another pat more me & tell her good girl for those beautiful numbers.

49. Catannc

Catannc Member

I knew that's what it was because I felt the same way! Especially being the new kid on the block, felt so happy but at the same time that it want appropriate to share because it wasn't fair that it was only happening to my cat while people who had been trying so hard for so much longer were still struggling.

50. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

Yep! You're seeing that correctly. I got the SS updated a bit tonight. Still not caught up, but it's a start!

51. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

Thanks, Jenn! Love those little cheer cats!

Oh and I believe it WILL happen for you and Baxter. He's had such good numbers for such a long time. It's bound to happen... he's just taking his time!

I patted her little head for you!

52. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

Thanks for understanding! I am so happy, but at the same time, I don't want to be annoying. So I figure I'll try to post something every day that way the people who want to keep up with us can, but I'm not taking away from the more pressing issues.

53. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

+166 - 50. Very happy! She's been testing in the 50's and even the 40's lately. Actually, this morning she was right at 40. Kinda freaked me out. I actually tested my two non-diabetic cats and they were at 62 and 48. They were so MAD about being tested. Silly kitties, imagine if they had to be tested multiple times per day? But anyway, I was glad to see that one of them tested in the 40's, that made me feel a bit better about Josie. I know technically there's no reason to worry, but you still do a bit when you see a number like that!

54. Catannc

Catannc Member

Know what you mean, I got a 31 one day! I think they get a little low at first because the P again is still figuring out what feels right. Kitten was 30s and 40s for about a week but has now come up to 50's and 60's which is a little more normal. I did the same thing with my old Maine Coon, he was 48 and gave me the "WTF?" look.

55. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

Wow, a 31 is crazy. That might scare me, although there is no reason to be afraid if there is no insulin. But still! The 40 took me by surprise. She hasn't gotten that low since. Mid 40's once in awhile, but mostly 50's and 60's like you said! One of my cats is a Maine Coon, well a Main Coon mix, we think. He is Josie's arch nemesis, which is funny because he is SO sweet. But she hates him. She always has. Luckily, she does like the other cat.

56. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

+238 (I think???) - 58. Very happy with that. She seems to be hanging out more in the 50's and 60's now. I have to admit that I get nervous sometimes when I see small increases. She seemed to slowly work her way down to these low numbers and I am always worried that she will slowly work her way back up again. I am hoping that she is"evening out" and that she'll decide this is the range she likes best. I am still testing pretty frequently and maybe I could cut back. But I am nervous I will miss something! I am not sure how much testing is normal at this point?

57. Catannc

Catannc Member

I don't know how much you're currently testing, maybe 5-6 tests a day if the last day of your UNUPDATED ss is still the current trend? ;-)
    I don't think that is too much, but 238 is day 10 almost (I started calling tests Day 10am, Day 10pm)...so when's the party exactly, and also you're going to have to start weening yourself off testing. I found when I knew she was consistently green I felt comfortable going to one random check each am and pm during the trial. It's all about what you're comfortable with, because I'm sure Josie doesn't mind the tests at this point and appreciates that she doesn't get stuck anywhere near as often. I would say a good plan is when you get that nervous feeling that you need to check, start another task to keep you occupied-clean the bathtub, sweep the floor, etc- and when you're finished then test. The tests are kind of an addiction, you get the craving and your stomach gets all jittery, you check and get a good number, and then you feel better. It is really kind of sad that FD does this to US! If you distract yourself and let your nerves calm down, the next test doesn't reinforce that cycle of "addiction". Once OTJ work on getting comfortable testing 2x day, then 1x day, then every other day. I am currently still checking every 3-4 days, trying to work my way to once a week. It gets easier when you get to this point, cause I can never remember when the hell I checked anyways so I'm more just going with the flow now.

58. Catannc

Catannc Member

::Ahem:: ?

59. Grayson & Lu

Why don't you put your number (like the +238) in the title on the first post of your thread... others may not be realizing how close you are! Go Josie!!! (What a Pussycat!!!!) :D

60. Catannc

Catannc Member

Lu, because she doesn't want to brag! :roll:

Holly, if this thread doesn't get a new title I'm gonna start a new thread and link to this one! "OTJ party planning for Josie, 4/24 pm...who's bringing what?" :twisted:

61. Grayson & Lu

:lol:

I'll bring the funny hats!

62. Catannc

Catannc Member

I'm being super cereal....You've got like 3 hours girl or I'm doing it.

I'm assuming in this case no news is good news and we would have got an update if she needed a shot.

63. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

Yeah, the SS is a mess! I actually did catch up on it a bit, but I didn't get finished and then I fell behind again and well... I'm full of excuses when it comes to the SS! I WILL get it updated, though!

Yeah, we've cut back on the testing a bit. It's about 3 or 4 times per day now. I was thinking of cutting back to 2 times per day, but I can't bring myself to do it yet.

64. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

I know, I am falling behind on this thread, too. I have barely been on my computer the past two days. Basically, my husband and I work opposite shifts and when he's off work (which he has been the past two days) I stay off the computer as much as possible.

65. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

That's a good idea. Actually, I might just start a new thread soon!

66. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

Hey, that's funny, because I was thinking 4/24 or 4/25 would be the date. Technically, it could be the day before, I think, but I was going to give it an extra day or two. I think I'll start the thread over the weekend. I am just nervous about getting to excited too soon.

67. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

Haha, I'll start it, but not yet!

68. Jenn & Baxter

Whats new pussycat....woo-woo, whats new pussycat? Pussy cat, Pussy cat I love you, yes I doooo you & your Pussy cat eyes!
    Josie when is your PART-TA?

69. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

OK, so my last update was off. It was like +204, not +238. Not sure where I got +238!

Right now we're at +262 - 47. Really happy with that!

70. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

Haha, too cute, Jenn. See above about the party. Probably 4/24 or 4/25?

71. Catannc

Catannc Member

I know you're still nervous about jinxing it, but no doubt she's got this!!!

party_cat party_cat party_cat party_cat

72. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

Yeah, I still am nervous. When does that go away? Or should it have already, probably?

Those party cats are SO freaking cute!

73. Catannc

Catannc Member

Hell, I'm still a little nervous everytime I check, so you tell me! I think it goes away when the memories of all the "fun" you had testing, not sleeping, etc. start to fade. With a kitty who sticks so tightly in those same low green numbers I wouldn't be to worried, I mean have you even seen a 60 recently?!?

74. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

OK, good, glad it's not just me!

Oh yeah, I do see 60's. She was actually right at 60 earlier today. I would say lately her range lately has been anywhere from low 40's to high 60's. Sometimes all in one day which seems strange to me, but I don't know. I know her food has something to do with it but I haven't totally figured it out yet.

75. Jenn & Baxter

Yeh! Make a new post for Save The Date for a OTJ party. You want lots of people to stop by.

I know you are a little scared or nervous. It's ok everything is going to be fine. You just have to protect the gift you have received. Never ever go back to dry food or crunchy treats...ever!

Well Baxter & I will definitely be at the party! Not sure what we are bringing, but we will be there.
    YIPPY PARTY... party_cat

76. Catannc

Catannc Member

I'm sure if you checked your other kitty you'd find a range of a least 20 points, plus we still have variance...yes, variance is smaller at this point but it is still there. Kitten ranges from upper 40's to upper 60's now, I think you're okay.

77. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

I think I'm going to post it some time tomorrow.

I agree with you completely about protecting this gift. I really do view it as a gift and one I feel very blessed to have received. I would never go back to dry food, ever. Plus, since I have switched all my kitties to wet food, I never have any reason to do so!

78. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

Yeah, I'm sure that's true!

79. Holly and Josie

Holly and Josie Member

+309 (I think...) - 45. First test read 38, but it wasn't the best test so I decided to go ahead and test again. Was happy to see a slightly higher number the second time. I really don't want to her to be in the 30's. That seems a bit too low at this point.

So, tomorrow night (well, technically Monday morning) at 1am will be 2 weeks! So I think I am going to post the OTJ party notice then. I think I will have it on 1/25, which is Wednesday.

80. Jenn & Baxter

Sounds great! Can't wait!

81. Catannc

Catannc Member

One other tidbit for you, a 30 is not really a 30. human meters read lower than Vet meters, and are not very accurate at all at low bg. Cat and human blood is just different. Don't worry about the low readings.

82. Grayson & Lu

I wonder if anyone else is familiar w/ that song - from about 1970 I think? Tom Jones, wasn't it??? Or the old cartoon "Josie & the Pussycats"???!!! Uh oh, showing my age again!!! :lol:

83. Catannc

Catannc Member

I KNOW IT TOO!!!

But only because they used it on one of those compilation CD's they sell on tv and they used to play that commercial over and over. I think it was called "Songs of the 70's: Nostalgia For The Not-So-Young". :razz:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.