July 17 Felix *Civvie pics and labs* PMBG=45, +12.3=48, +12.75=47, PMPS(+13.25)=54

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Susan&Felix(GA), Jul 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

prior thread July 15

I bumped Felix's dose down a smidge last night from fat 3 to regular 3 units. I'm hoping to not have to steer quite so aggressively to keep him over 50. But I'm also hoping not to lose traction since his numbers have been the best they've ever been while he's been on the 3f dose. So far, so good. He's feeling good today--he played with toys for awhile and now we're cuddling.

Civvie Catherine has blood in her urine and has been doing the pacing and squatting UTI dance.:( We have a vet appointment in a few hours; hopefully Felix won't be shark-teasing then. Because Catherine has been leaking a bit, I spread towels on the furniture: four cats came immediately and crowded onto one towel.:cat:

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Felix is doing so well. I hope he surfs safely today. Sending vetty vines for Catherine.

Susan&Felix(GA) likes this.
  3. Susan&Felix(GA)

+4=53
    Felix is cutting it a little closer than I'd prefer, but he seems to be surfing.:D

Catherine has the strong yet elegant facial structure and the gravitas of a supermodel. And she has a stylist.

Attached Files:

4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Every diva should have their own stylist!!!

Hope you get some answers at the vet today!!

5. Susan&Felix(GA)

Well, Catherine does have a UTI, as expected. She'll be on liquid Clavamox for two weeks (think I'll break out the s. boulardii, too).

Worse news, the vet said she'd need other tests to stage her, but she'd guess Catherine has Stage 2 or Stage 3 kidney disease and wants her on k/d. Labs are on the "LABS Catherine" tab of Felix's spreadsheet, if anyone is interested. I don't particularly know how to interpret them. Her last panel was March 2017; I don't have results, but all "looked good" then.

My most recent cat with kidney disease died February 2017 (Catherine turned up literally on our doorstep one week later almost to the hour and wouldn't leave! How's that for a newly GA sending a little special something after she's reached the Bridge?). I studied Tanya's CKD site pretty thoroughly back then, but that kitty was already at the barely eating stage; I want to brush up before Catherine's recheck in two weeks. :bookworm:

Felix is cuddled up to me again. Almost time for his insulin....

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Who's the drama king?!:cat: Guess Felix doesn't want his sister getting all the attention. :rolleyes::eek: And he really wants that reduction.

Catherine looks like stage 2 to me. What other tests did the vet want to do? You could get the SDMA from Idexx. Hopefully her numbers will come down with the infection clearing up. I never had Neko on k/d, too high carbs. I'd worry about Felix getting into it. What is she eating now? A good quality protein with low phosphorus should work.

7. Susan&Felix(GA)

+12.75=47 Gave him about a teaspoon of his regular food and will test again at +13.25. Do you think I should stay with the 3 units or reduce to 2.75 units (we're on the three-times-under-50 plan in general)? Or maybe 3 skinny?

@Wendy&Neko Catherine mostly eats Cats in the Kitchen Frick-a-Zee. Some Fowl Ball, some of Felix's Core, some raw (usually venison): she's pretty opportunistic. Felix doesn't like k/d, but yeah, I couldn't be sure. I'm not sure what the other tests were; she didn't particularly want to do them but only mentioned them when I brought up stages. We're supposed to recheck urine in two weeks, she didn't say to recheck bloodwork. Mostly she pressed prescription foods, so I want to sift through the Hill's marketing speak: we could call it Hillsplaining. Thanks for looking over the labs, Wendy!

8. Susan&Felix(GA)

+13.25=54 Shot a skinny 3 units.

This has been a complicated day.:rolleyes:

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good choice, today was the 3f dose talking.

I'm no whiz at labs, but do know to look for a few things. Her phosphorus is looking pretty good and sounds like she's on a good diet already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.