JUST DIAGNOSED 2DAY

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Angela C Wright, Dec 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angela C Wright

Angela C Wright New Member

Hello. My name is ANGELA. My cat RODNEY in will b 4 yrs old June 01,2020. I took him to 5he VET 2day for frequent urination and excessive water consumption. He is diabetic. Received 1st insulin 2day. 2 units. Administered by VET. I hope I will b able to administer injections starting tomorrow.

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Hello Angela and Rodney and welcome to FDMB.

Your kitty is very young as was mine when diagnosed. While the diagnosis can be overwhelming, diabetes is totally treatable and we are here to help you in any way we can to keep Rodney healthy and safe.

This is a great community with years of experience so please come join us over on the Health Forum with any all questions.

3. Ann & Scatcats

Ann & Scatcats Well-Known Member

Welcome Rodney and Angela.

Through the years from 1996 til now, we've had many baby and junior diabetics, one as young as 6 months, another as young as 1,5 year. So being a young junior diabetic is common and you have come to the right place with an abundance of correct diabetes management information and help.

We hope that you also will start to home test Rodney's blood glucose with a home test blood glucose meter, so you always know during the days what his bg levels are. Which is crucial in managing both the diabetes overall and with the insulin dosing in particular.

Read on the main site as much as you can and Ask as many questions as you want about just everything in the Main forum part Health were we hope to see the two of you.

Welcome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.