Just diagnosed with feline diabetes

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jean & Boogie, Sep 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jean & Boogie

Jean & Boogie New Member

Hi. My 13 year old male cat was just diagnosed with diabetes. We are trying to see if we can control it with diet right now, but insulin may be needed. The vet say he is a difficult patient because his blood sugar is still a little high on a low carb diet, but he is very sensitive to insulin. .5 unit of Lantau drops his blood sugar to low. Any suggestions on how to better his blood sugar from anyone with the same problem is appreciated.

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome Jean and Boogie. In order to get answers to your request for getting Boogie's BG more regulated as he is sensitive to insulin, I suggest you post in the Main Forum. More members check there to review, advise and offer suggestions. MAIN FORUM
    It would also be helpful if you gave us more information on Boogie by creating a signature. It's simply pertinent information that is appended to each of your posts, and saves repeating info and repeated requests for the same info. Here is a link to creating and/or editing your profile and signature: SIGNATURE
    You also might check out information on Lantus, in the Lantus insulin support group. I have read the stickies there, and also in many posts that you can give less than 0.5 U of insulin, if indicated. But, please read and get information and advice from experienced Lantus users. I wish you the best in your search for answers and your quest to help Boogie feel better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.