Just diagnosed

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jenny & Jasper, Mar 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenny & Jasper

Jenny & Jasper New Member

My Jasper (we call him Jazz) has just recently been diagnosed, we haven't started treatment as of yet, feeling very overwhelmed! He is 7 years old and we almost lost him a few years ago due to crystals, so he has been on prescription urinary SO food for his blockage issues, so it will be a challenge to change his diet without his previous issues reoccurring. So glad I found this forum, as I will need all the support I can get!!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Welcome to you and Jasper! :) You've come to the right place for help and support. Please post any/all questions you have on the main health forum were more people will see them.

Please let us know:
    • what his blood glucose reading was at diagnosis
    • what insulin will be prescribed
    • whether you will be testing blood glucose at home
    • all food your kitty eats, both wet and dry (if any)
    • any other health issues or meds.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  3. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome Jasper and Jenny. I hear so many people say "Glad I found this place." Other than the rocket surgeons at Facebook how many diabetic sites can there be? Our vet steered us towards Binkys which had lots of FAQ's but last I checked no interactive forums. No one at my vets office even heard of this place. Maybe the name is too hard to remember, FDMB. Anyways, you're in the right place now Jenny. Start exploring the different forums and knowledge bases and you'll see why some members have been here for years.
    Like Kris & Teasel said, once you post in Feline Health you better get a notebook out, mondo information!. There's no quiz at the end, you just have to love Jasper and you've already passed that test.
    Dickson and Noah, and all who came before.

4. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Welcome :bighug:. You will find support for You and Jazz :cat:

5. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.