Just found lump in neck area of Calvin

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Alice and Tabby, Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

I just found a good sized 1 inch lump on my older cat Calvins neck. On the right side like a gland area. Wondering what this could be? Could it be related to asthma meds she's been getting? Any and all ideas welcome. She is a Civie not my diabetic cat. I am very worried.

2. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

Could be an enlarged lymph node. I'd want the vet to take some fluid from it and check it out for bacteria or cancer cells or whatever it is they check for.

Mr. Darcy's lymph node is enlarged. My vet drained it once, checked the fluid and told me it was blood filled, but nothing was wrong. We do need to do a second round of ABs for bartonella, but I'm not sure what the cause of his lymph node becoming enlarged again is.

Other than lymph node, the pitituary gland is there, so I would want a vet to check out to rule out an issue there.

I do not know if asthma meds would cause an enlargement, but I've never seen a reference to that. But I'm no vet or expert.

3. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

Thanks. I just got off the phone with the vet and we have a 3:30 apt today. I am sick to my stomach right now. We have had her for 16 years and the only girl cat in the house. Prayers and good thoughts are needed right now that's for sure.

4. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

Lots of prayers that this turns out to be nothing or something really really easy to treat. Will look forward to an update this afternoon.

5. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

Preyers and good thoughts to you and Calvin. Glad you are taking her to the vet...let us know what they find please.

6. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

calvin a GIRL?? i AM SURE THERE IS A STORY BEHIND THAT.
    big time prayers your way ALice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.