Just joined!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by BabyGurl’s mommy, Dec 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BabyGurl’s mommy

BabyGurl’s mommy New Member

I have my female 10 yr old BabyGurl that was just diagnosed with diabetes. Just started her shots last night. Second one today and will give third one yet tonight. She has rapid breathing and vet said can be caused from diabetes. Hoping that is all it is. Her bloodwork showed she’s good with everything else. Has allergies and has had to get steroid shots in the past. Nobody told me it could cause diabetes! Her color is good and other than not eating like she used to, losing weight, she seems strong. I’m sooo scared about it all. Hoping the breathing will improve after getting the shots and testing how she’s doing. My 14 yr old set up a go fund me page to try to help with all the expenses. I’m on disability and she is my companion pet. Any advice from those that have went through the beginning and on???

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi BabyGurl's mommy. I know you are scared right now, we all felt overwhelmed at first. But you are in the right place to learn about feline diabetes and how to manage BabyGurl's treatment.
    Not the Saturday night you might have planned, no? :)
    I usually recommend that new members revisit the Home page and read the Getting Started and the Education sections on the right side of the page. Very good starting information to help get things into perspective. As I progressed learning what to do, I often went back to the information and more sunk in each time.
    I am giving you a link so you can make your signature, this is information about your kitty that will display with each of your posts. It can be edited as needed, and it saves us asking the same questions over and over. Just click on the blue capitalized text: SIGNATURE
    You can post in the Main Health forum with your questions and concerns, more members monitor that forum to help out: MAIN
    If you like, you can just copy and paste your intro message in a new thread there. Tell us what you are feeding BabyGurl, what kind of insulin you are using/what dosage, are you home testing, or familiar with home testing? It's the best tool you have to see how the insulin is working and to keep your kitty safe. We can provide lots of information on diet, home testing and the insulin you are using. Deep breaths, you have found a place with wonderful support. :cat:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    Reason for edit: Add comments
  3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome

4. majandra

majandra Well-Known Member

Welcome!

5. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

Welcome!!

And let us know a bit more about your girl, what insulin is she on?, what dose are you giving?, are you home testing ? what is she eating?, what other meds is she getting? and if you have any blood test results that can also help.

Also in what part of the world are you? Knowing where you are can make easier for other members to give you tips on how to save some money with all the supplies you will need

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.