? Just lost my soft son - can i give away his hyperthyroid meds to anyone in need?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by B. & Cat Guy, Sep 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B. & Cat Guy

B. & Cat Guy New Member

We just had to put my sweet boy Cat Guy (or soft boy or baby son, etc. etc.) to sleep and I'm reeling, but I have a whole sack of transdermal methimazole (to treat hyperthyroidism) mostly full, and I'd hate to see it go to waste when I know so many others in my recent shoes are really struggling for the cash to care properly for their furry pals.

This would be a donation, I don't want money for it. I know human RXs are much more carefully regulated but is this possible to do with a cat's meds?

Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong location, I have only ever come to this board intermittently for reference and don't know the optimal posting patterns.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

I am so sorry about your loss :( There is a Supply Closet Forum. I do not know if it really matters whether you put it here or there. It is kind of you to offer up your supplies.

B. & Cat Guy likes this.
  3. B. & Cat Guy

B. & Cat Guy New Member

Thank you so much for the tip, I get so overwhelmed looking for the sub-boards on this forum. I'll post there and hopefully someone can make use of Cat Guy's leftovers.

4. CassWTribby

CassWTribby Member

So sorry for your loss. Sucks.

5. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry you've lost your kitty. It's very kind of you to want to donate these supplies.

6. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Very kind of you to supply the leftover meds to those in need. I am sorry for the loss of your fur kid.

7. Lillie

Lillie Member

I'm so sorry to hear you lost your boy. :(:( I get so sad when one of my fur kids have to leave me so I know how you are feeling right now.

8. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

So sorry at your loss of your Cat Guy. I hope all your wonderful memories of him will help to heal your heart. It's very kind of you, and a loving tribute to your soft boy, to donate his supplies.

Fly free, sweet Cat Guy, land softly at the Bridgecat_wings>o

9. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

Sooo sorry for your loss. May his love and light guide you in the dark days to come. What a wonderful way to honor his memory by helping a fellow sugar kitty. Fly free dear boy, land softlycat_wings>o

10. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss. May fond memories of your beloved, Cat Guy, warm your heart always cat_wings>o

11. Mandy Lai

Mandy Lai New Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. Please take care and stay strong, little angel Cat Guy will be watching over you and taking care of you from Rainbow Bridge.

12. Marlena

Marlena Well-Known Member

I'm ever so sorry that you lost your beloved Cat Guy.
    I know how it feels as I just lost my beautiful Rocky.
    Praying for you.
    Sending hugs:bighug:

13. vbc2000

vbc2000 Member

Very sorry for the loss of your sweet kitty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.