Just some info for an IBD kitty food

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lillie, Nov 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lillie

Lillie Member

I had to switch Leo's cat food due to his usual food constantly being out of stock. He is currently in diabetic remission and has IBD. I tried the newer Canidae Pure limited ingredient grain free duck pate and he is doing really really well on this food. From what I've found on Dr.Lisa's list it is anywhere between 3 and 11% carbs. It's not the duck morsels in gravy. The ingredients are very limited with no carageenen. Unfortunately it is very pricey, but seems to be very good for his digestion.

2. Jess and Marky Mark

Jess and Marky Mark Member

Our civvie kitty, Sylvia, has IBD. We feed our kitties Nature's Variety Instinct original canned (NOT Limited Ingredient) Rabbit, Duck, and Venison. They are between 3%-9% on Dr. Lisa's chart. Sylvie and Mark (our sugar kitty) both seem to do really well with it.

We also feed Earthborn Monterey Medley once in awhile to give them a little variety. It's 10% carbs.

3. Lillie

Lillie Member

Duck is all he can eat for some reason so I was really glad I found the Canidae with limited ingredients. He only ate the rabbit for about a week and then stopped. He did the same thing with the Nature's Variety LI grain free. If they ever run out of ducks somewhere I'm screwed.

Djamila likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.