Just some prayers that Oreo is just fine and just old

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kellie and Oreo (GA), Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kellie and Oreo (GA)

Kellie and Oreo (GA) Member

Just took in Oreo to get some blood work done on him. I have noticed he is thinner and scruffy looking more.
    He went from a year ago weight of 13 pounds to only 9 now.
    I posted last month about his BG being 192 on 5/5 and thought he was going out of remission.
    Since then he has stayed at 114 or 128 on Bg. He drinks a lot of
    water even though all he eats is can food and chicken breast boiled. He has thrown up off and on and even
    diarrhea at times. So they are doing the whole blood panel and also checking on thryoid since he is on med
    for that. So I am hoping nothing bad comes back. He is 16 and 3 months old. He has been in remission for 2 years
    and 4 months. So any prayers that you guys can spare would be appreciated. Tigger anoiher 16 and 2 month old
    cat is showing her age too.
    Thanks you guys
    Kellie

2. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

I hope it's nothing, maybe just an adjustment on the thyroid meds, but please have them check his potassium.

Tucker lost weight from November until March, every month he kept losing it and every month there was no explanation, until his potassium crash at the end of March. I have since learned that weight loss is a sign of low potassium.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kellie, sending vibes that Oreo comes back from the vet with minor if any medical problems and that he is just 'getting old' which in itself is kinda hard to watch our 'babies' do.
    Sending a big batch of love Oreo's way......
    Lori
    and Tomtom too!

4. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Of course you have my prayers. Feel better Oreo.
    Jeanne

5. Kellie and Oreo (GA)

Kellie and Oreo (GA) Member

Update on Oreo

Vet called and he said blood work they ran shows nothing bad. All levels with kidneys etc, are good.
    Fecal did not really show anything either. We will just wait for thyroid test to come back. Maybe
    his dosage he is on now does not cover him. I am picking something up from vet he is to tske for 10
    days. Was not sure what it is, but will post after I pick it up.
    Thanks for all your prayers.
    Kellie

6. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Love reading that kidneys are fine.........I was thinking along those lines. Hope you get a resolution to what the problem is and sending good vibes to your beautiful Oreo.

7. maryjoandsmokie

maryjoandsmokie Member

Kellie. Sending prayers that Oreo is fine. So glad the kidneys are ok.
    My Smokie is the same age as Oreo in also 2years today in remission.
    We hold our breath, don't we.
    Hugs to you and Oreo.

8. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

as everything else looks ok i'd suspect the thyroid too. drinking and weight loss fit. obviously they fit other things but based on his age and prior thyroid history it would be a logical guess.

if you had the cash, i don't think an ultrasound and xray wouldn't be out of line, tho, too. both of those showed things in cleo (age 17) and harry (age 14) that the vet and i hadn't expected.

praying it's something simple and oreo is just fine. (((KELLIE)))

9. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

sending good thoughts your way and Oreo's way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.