Kaminox - vet recommended for neuropathy alongside cobalaplex

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Galaxy (GA), Aug 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galaxy (GA)

Galaxy (GA) Member

Hi all,

so I have been giving Galaxy cobalaplex for months, to no avail, he has actually got worse, even though we have been seeing some blue numbers at long last, which we are really chuffed about. However, even with the better results, his walking has deteriorated, hugely. He has to lie down after walking two meters. Anyway, vet recommended Kaminox for potassium and it also has B12 in it (same as cobalamin). Bought it. Read ingredients: GLUCOSE-FRUCTOSE SYRUP!!!!!!

So, has anyone had any experience with Kaminox? Is it a no-no? I paid 28 quid for it. Cat loves it. I have given it twice, always before shot, on food. So his sugar will still be affected by the prozinc, but what if it has longterm sugar increasing effects? :banghead::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

2. Galaxy (GA)

Galaxy (GA) Member

Popped home from work to test - 17 at nadir!!! after all the blue and yellow, we're back in pink, so, question's answered really, no more Kaminox. I am going to try and demand a refund. Beware of this product!

3. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, you really have to watch supplements/medications for any kind of sugar additives. Vets may know about the therapeutic ingredients but often aren't paying attention to non-medicinal ones. The effects will wear off and BG will come back down once the supplement has been withdrawn. If Galaxy needs potassium, the vet should be able to prescribe something without any sugar added.

Galaxy (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.