Last night we noticed blood on the bed and saw bleeding lump on CC's leg. I'm hoping it's just a burst cyst or abscess of some kind. My vet was closed last night... so I called an emergency vet. The vet I talked to said it didn't sound like an emergency and I should just wait until morning. So I covered it with a bandage. She kept it on most of the night, but sometime before 6am she pulled it off. It was bleeding a bit again, so I rinsed it with saline and bandaged it up again. She's eating normally and walking and looking fine. So I called my vet's office this morning, and the soonest they could get me in was 7:20 tonight. Ugh. I hate that I have to wait so long. So I texted my vet the photos and she said CC should be fine to wait until tonight, but that she's going to need surgery to have it removed and cleaned out. So the plan now is to bring her in tonight, they will keep her overnight and do the surgery in the morning. Poor kitty. Of course other then not liking the bandaid, she hasn't been licking or biting at it today. So say a prayer for CC that she does ok during the surgery tomorrow and that it's not cancer. BTW, her BG was unusually low this morning. 129 at her normal time, so we waited an hour. 118. waited another hour, 139, and that was a half hour after eating a can of food. so I gave a reduced dose and I'll just keep an eye on her numbers. I wonder if this has been bothering her and it feels better now that it popped.