Kidney Stones in CKD Kitty

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Tracey&Jones (GA), Oct 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Has anyone dealt with a cat having kidney stones? If so, what was the course of treatment.

My Kidney Kid was just diagnosed with stones and, well her treatment options are limited due to the state of her kidneys.

2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

I have no experience with kidney stones.
    Here is what Dr Lisa has to say about them. Scroll down. Most likely, you are already doing what she suggests, but it is an informative article.

3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Tracy I'm so sorry to hear this, sending prayers and healing vines ur way
    Hope u can get this resolved soon
    :bighug::bighug:

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  4. Deborah & Muffy(GA) & Wendall

Deborah & Muffy(GA) & Wendall Member

One of my cats has kidney stones. I had brought her in for recurring UT problems and they were found on ultrasound along with tiny bladder stones. Sometimes they can pass on their own which may have been happening with Nina but without repeated ultrasounds there's no way of knowing for sure. Kidney surgery is tricky and not recommended unless the stones cause a blockage. The vet put her on Valium to relax the muscles and for pain and it worked for her. She does get flareups occasionally and we give her Valium for a few days until the symptoms stop. Other than that, treatment is the same for any cat prone to UTIs. She eats wet food only with a little added water and loves her water fountain.

5. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Thanks! I don't think there is much I can do but thought I would throw it out on the forum and see what sage advice is out there.

They are small and in her kidneys's so far. We hope they don't try to go to the bladder. No bladder stones I think. Waiting on the final report though.

6. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Kitty loves here water. She gets chicken stock in the morning and night to get her to drink more. She drinks lots and pee lots. She does get some kibble as some days that is all she wants to eat.

Nice to know about the Valium. Will keep that in mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.