Kipper (GA) May 13, 2010

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Chloe and Kipper (GA), May 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chloe and Kipper (GA)

Chloe and Kipper (GA) New Member

In the last 3 weeks, Kipper's stomach cancer which we had kept at bay for about the year since his diagnosis with diabetes, took over with a vengeance, and after I had fought for days to keeping him eating and drinking, he finally just stopped and hid in the shower (cool and confined) and had would not move other than to lift his head. (There were many other things going on as well...but I will not go into them now) I waited for my housekeeper and her son to come over so they could take him in, held him one last time (no purring at all) and said good-bye. With unlimited funds I could have possibly kept him alive for a few months, if that. I simply ran out of money that I could use and at 15 years old weighing only 12 pounds (his best thin weight was 17 pounds, his highest 24) I knew he had to stop suffering. His diabetes, though, because of the help of this board was under control. Now at least I know how to feed the three civvies I have left to keep them (I hope) from developing diabetes.

I do have meters, lancets, supplies, needle disposal units that I will donate if someone will just post where to send them.

Thank you all for your wonderful support and love. Very sad here in our house.

2. joyce-tuscany(GA)

joyce-tuscany(GA) Well-Known Member

Chloe- I haven't seen a post from you in awhile. We started on FDMB about the same time. I always loved the picture of Kipper - it reminded me of my first cat - beautiful markings. I am so sorry to hear that Kipper is now a GA - many hugs to you in this time of sadness.

3. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Chloe,

So sorry for your loss of Kipper...may he have safe travels over the bridge and run free!
    Sending prayers for comfort (((hugs)))

4. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Chloe, my heartfelt sympathy on the loss of your dear Kipper. Never easy even when we know it is the right decision and the last act of love we can give them....letting them go.

[​IMG]

5. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

(((((Chloe))))) I am so very sorry for your loss. Fly free, sweet wings_cat Kipper.

6. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

Fly free, Kipper. rb_icon

((((((Chloe)))))) I'm sure you'll always hold his memory close in your heart. Your love has set him free.

7. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

(((((((Chloe)))))))))

Fly free, little Kipper. You will be missed.

8. Nicole and Napoleon

Nicole and Napoleon Well-Known Member

Chloe, I am so very sorry for your loss.

9. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

Chloe, so sorry Kipper had to leave you . You took wonderful care of him.

Safe Journey Kipper ! wings_cat

with sympathy,

10. Steph & Cuddles (GA)

Steph & Cuddles (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Chloe))) I'm so very sorry. :sad: Fly free Kipper! Until you meet again...

(((HUGS))) & tears,
    -Steph

11. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((((((((((((((((CHLOE))))))))))))))))))))))

Many tears falling .. you are such an amazing mommabean. Wrapping you in many cyber hugs. Kipper is flying free now, whole and healthy over the Rainbow Bridge. rb_icon

wings_cat

Merlyn will look out for Kipper in the spirit world.

12. Mary & Stormy Blue

Mary & Stormy Blue Member

Chloe, I am so very sorry for your loss of Kipper.

~M

13. kate and lucky

kate and lucky Member

Chloe,
    I'm so sorry you've lost your sweet Kipper.

Kipper is now playing at the bridge with all the other GA kitties, all healed and well again.

Fly free sweet (((Kipper))) o:)

Take care of you.

Don't hurry yourself, but your kind offer of donations, contact Cindy/Mousie, I know she does the hometesting starter kits. Also in supply closet. Lucky has been gone 8 months and I still haven't quite passed everything on myself.

14. BobsMom

BobsMom Member

I am so very sorry for your loss.
    wings_cat

15. Susie and Moochie

Susie and Moochie Member

Oh, (((Chloe))), I am so very sorry.

Run free, Kipper.

16. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

(((Chloe))). I am so, so sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself and take comfort in your other babies and take comfort in that Kipper is now pain-free.

17. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

oh no. (((chloe))) i am so sorry.

18. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss.

"Cindy + Mousie" can use your testing supplies for the newbie kits she sends out.
    You can just send her a PM (Private Message) to get her address.

May all your best memories of Kipper comfort you...

...'til you meet again.

19. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss.

20. M L and Cleo (GA)

M L and Cleo (GA) Member

I've always loved that picture of Kipper in your Avatar; what a gorgeous boy he was.

I'm so sorry.

21. Lee and Tida (GA)

Lee and Tida (GA) Member

I'm so sorry Chloe. He was such a beautiful boy. You did the right thing....he's not hurting anymore. Fly free sweet Kipper.

22. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry, fly free sweet Kipper.

May you find comfort in knowing that you did everything for him and now he is free of pain.

23. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry..I've always loved Kippers pic as your avatar. Fly free sweet Kipper, land ever so softly...

Jeanne

24. JL and Chip

JL and Chip Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. It's hard to find the right words sometimes but my thoughts are with you. Fly free Kipper.

25. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Fly free Kipper.
    I am so sorry for your loss.

26. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

Chloe, I am so sorry to see this post and know that you had to say goodbye to your sweet Kipper. What a beautiful boy. I love that picture also.

You did all you could and what a wonderful gift you gave him to set him free from any further suffering - it sounds as if he was ready to go and you can be sure that he is now running free and young and healthy once again.

My heart goes out to you in your sadness - I hope the wonderful memories and love you shared will give you much comfort in your sadness and grief - they are missed so much, aren't they?

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi too)

27. sharon and sparky

sharon and sparky Member

I am so sorry that you lost Kipper. Kipper looks like one of my civvies. Fly Free Sweet One >>>>>><<<<<<<<

28. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

chloe, so sorry for your loss.
    fly free, kipper.

29. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

((Chloe)) I am so very sorry for your loss. You have my sincere condolences. It is so hard to let them go, but know you will see him again at the bridge...fly free sweet Kipper!

30. gingerand((calliope))(GA)

gingerand((calliope))(GA) Member

Chloe,

I'm so sorry that you lost sweet Kipper. You gave Kipper a wonderful life full of love and caring. I hope your memories will soothe you soon. Calliope will have met Kipper at the bridge and they are romping, free of pain and celebrating their good fortune in having good beans. I just know they are.

Fly free, Kipper.

31. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

((( Chloe )))

Oh, Chloe, I'm so sorry it was Kipper's time to go. Fly free, sweet boy.

32. Sheri & Spyder (GA)

Sheri & Spyder (GA) Member

(((((CHLOE)))))

I'm so sorry to come on here and see this. Sending prayers, for comfort and peace; strength and healing.
    He has the cutest face ever.

33. Chloe and Kipper (GA)

Chloe and Kipper (GA) New Member

Thank you all for your loving comments

Still miss my baby, but all your loving thoughts and comments help ease the pain. The other three do not seem to be grieving but they are reassessing how their little cat worlds are now that the big cat is not around. When the time comes to give Kip his shot I always wake up or look at the clock and think and then have to think again that I do not have to get up. I will come back now and then as this board and its members helped me keep my baby for a year after his diagnosis. Bless you all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.