Kitties and doggy

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Sarah and Buzz, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

I feel like it's been forever since I made a post here on PZI that didn't involve questioning you all like criminals, so I thought I would write just to say hello. ;)

Buzz is doing fine, minus her little freak-out episode last night. For the first time EVER in her life, she growled and yowled at me, with some hissing thrown in for good measure. She did not want me to test her, and I have no idea why. I prevailed, but it really worried me. She seems to be fine today, acting like normal. I've tested her several times and she has been fine, like always. Kitties can be in bad moods, too, I suppose. :)

Cricket (Buzz's civvie littermate) is continuing to lose weight, I think. This is a good thing: when Buzz was dx in August, Cricket weighed 18 lbs and was quite fat. A couple of months ago at the vet, he weighed 15 lbs. I think his ideal weight is probably around 13 lbs, and I think he's pretty close. I don't have a scale so I can't weigh him, but I can bring him to the vet any time. He looks really good, and I think he feels better too.

Eve (unrelated to Buzz and Cricket, 3 years younger, also a civvie) is fine. She just does her kitty thing and then curls up on my lap in the evenings. She's pretty laid back, just like the others.

Cassie (12 year old drooler) will be having surgery on March 9th. She has a broken molar that they will extract and the vet will also remove the growths on her eyelids, which I am so happy about. One of them is quite large and it's apparent that it bothers her quite a bit. She also has a tiny little (growing) bump near her whiskers that will be removed as well. I am worried about her going under anesthesia, but they will do bloodwork beforehand.

I got some new kitty food today that I am eager to let them try tonight. I got Merrick Cowboy Cookout and Evo 95%. Hopefully they are a success! :)

I hope you are all having a good day and looking forward to the weekend (and Friday Five, of course!). :)

2. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad to hear everyone is well!!! I hope Cassie's surgery goes well, I'm sure she will be happy afterwards to be all smooth & squeaky clean, so to speak. :)

3. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

lol the translation is probably like, "Wow that crazy Lantus! Cuz' like when you gave me that PZI stuff it was like aaaaaahhhh and this Lantus stuff is like so like WHAT WHAT?!" LOL I think Buzz knows the good stuff when she has it. Maybe Buzz likes the stuff from the South Side better?

Just giving you a hard time - a little friendly ribbing [is that allowed here?] :mrgreen:

Yea H's mood. For a while now he gets upset when I comb on him beyond his tolerance which is new since this whole mess [even with PZI too ;-) ].

Sounds like a lot of work to be done on the droolzie. Hope you have found the best vets in your area for that [including who will be doing the pathology]. I don't trust human Dr.s or vets.

My absolute favorite piece of sculpture is the St. Louis Arch hands down - that thinger is just pain sexy and completely humanizing. The beach here is a pretty zen place but under that thing would make a pretty acceptable substitute [even in the yucky winter there]. The consistently nearly perfect if not perfect hand made welds in ultra-thick stainless steel are humbling.

4. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Sarah,
    It's so good to have you posting here. I've missed you and Buzz and all your critters. I'm glad Cricket is losing weight. My civie Charlie went from 15 lbs to 12 lbs after the switch to lc and he even has a waist! I'm sorry to hear that Cassie is having surgery, but I'm sure it will all go well. I think a lot of older dogs get bumps & warts & things, so those are probably nothing even though they are irritating.

That probably freaked you out when Buzz freaked out. Even though Blackie is very mellow, if he gets mad, watch out. Maybe something stressed Buzz out before you were going to test.

I hope all your furbabies continue to do well and you too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.