Kitties with routines

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Steve & Jock, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve & Jock

Steve & Jock Member

Jock and I have finally agreed on a shot time every 12 hours.

When I forget his shot time, within a half hour he comes to me, yelling. He leads me into the kitchen where the syringes are, and waits for his test and shoot. Then he scratches his mat, happy, and then goes back to sleep.

Is Jock unusual?

2. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

Jock is in good company with Tucker :mrgreen:

Tucker gets meds 4 times per day and if I'm even 10 minutes late for any of those he'll be at my feet staring up at me like a sad little man wondering why I forgot him. Unfortunately, Sam knows Tucker's schedule too so I usually get two very handsome orange men tripping me all the way to the kitchen :roll:

3. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

Do we conclude that cats can tell time? That's fascinating, because they don't read clocks. How do they know, "It's time??"

I have had Gandalf go to the bathroom within 5 minutes of test time, but he's not waiting on me or pestering me for a test/shot. I'm happy with him showing up or at least coming when I call him, rather than having to pick him up and carry him to the bathroom.

I can't do regular shots every day anyway because of my job, but if I could, perhaps he would be one of the clock-watchers too. Give him a half mark for your survey.

Would this behavior be in response to treats given? I don't give Gandalf treats afterwards, although he gets his food soon after.

Interesting.

And Jock's unusual in every way!! :D

4. Vicci & Shadow

Vicci & Shadow Member

We have been feeding our new civvies every 6 hours or so. They know when it's time to eat, every time. Course, they start bugging us about an hour before feeding time, so we always laugh and tell them that their bellies are in the wrong time zone! =)

Vicci

5. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

Vicky, Tucker once told an animal communicator that I go to work for 12 hours each day. I know where he got the 12 hours, because I've told him his shots are every 12 hours, but regarding work, I'm home for lunch hour and home after 5 so he certainly can't tell time in hours.

It must be something in his belly telling him it's treat time or something about how he's feeling telling him it's insulin time. He's really amazing when it comes close to shot time or med time, he will wait patiently at first, then if I'm involved in something, those big round puppy face eyes come out.

Vicci - I notice on the weekends my cats always want to be fed an hour early, they start up at about 4:30 telling me they are starving and that I've never fed them before... EVER :lol:

6. Gail & Houdini (GA)

Gail & Houdini (GA) Well-Known Member

I've always wondered if they have little tiny watches somewhere with alarms on them........ Let me goof off and not have the food ready on time and there is a group of them ganging up on me. Droolers too!

And yes....Jock is a very special guy

7. breayle and jake

breayle and jake Member

My cats are hilarious, when I get home from work they come running.... FOOD they say! Well it sounds an awful lot like "mer-ow" but I take it that's kitty for "Feed me, woman."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.