Kitty: 1/19, AMPS 389 upping dose (I assume) - but to what?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Carina Josefine, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Carina Josefine

Carina Josefine Member

Tomorrow it has been 6 cycles on 0.5. Still no good numbers, so I assume we should up the dosage (TR). Do we up it to 1 unit or does it have to be .75? I must admit I struggle a little with the tiny dosage differences. Time for new glasses, perhaps :oops:

She has been in high numbers at least since christmas. How long can she be like this before she is in real danger? I feel like time is not on our side here.

2. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

This is copied from the dosing guideline sticky at the top of the L & L forum.

Increasing the dose:
    • Hold the dose for 3 - 5 days (6 - 10 consecutive cycles) if nadirs are less than 200 before increasing the dose by 0.25 unit.
      • if your cat is new to numbers under 200, it is recommended to hold the dose for at least 8-10 cycles before increasing.
      • when your cat starts to see nadirs under 100, hold the dose for at least 10 cycles before increasing.
    • Increase by 0.25 unit after 3 days (6 consecutive cycles) if nadirs are greater than 200, but less than 300.
    • Increase by 0.5 unit after 3 days (6 consecutive cycles) if nadirs are greater than 300.
    I don't give dosing advice but, when I need to increase it is done in .25u increments unless I'm trying something not according to guidelines per say.
    Maybe someone with more experience will chime in for a definitive answer, but I'd think a .25u increase.

I wish I had an answer for you about her #s being dangerous. Both of my kitties tolerated high #s for some time with no known ill effects. ECID
    Someone with more experience should be along shortly.:)

ETA: Alot of us use calipers for the micro-dosing. It gives you a sense of consistency. Here's a link in Re:Caliper dosing. I ended up buying a light tracer board to make the fine dosing easier for me to see:smuggrin:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  3. Si am cat mom

Si am cat mom Well-Known Member

Do your syringes have the half unit markings?

Carina Josefine likes this.
  4. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

The numbers haven't been bad for very long (nor horribly high), and you are working on things now. Great job; don't worry too much about any damage, is what I mean to convey:)

5. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

6. Carina Josefine

Carina Josefine Member

Yes, my syringes has 0.5 unit markings :) I know to hold 2 now cycles at least, but as some times there are not people avaliable right when I'm about to set the next shot, I thought I'd start asking early :) Nadir has been in 200s and 300s.

Thank you all so much for your replies ❤️ It helps the panicky feeling knowing you're there.

7. Carina Josefine

Carina Josefine Member

Actually two lady cycles Nadir has been in the 300s

8. Carina Josefine

Carina Josefine Member

Thank you so much. Last round she got pancreatitis on top of it all, so I'm constantly worried about this leading to other things

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    Sonia & Leo likes this.
  9. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

It's a great practice to start asking well in advance of shot time. It gives more time for different eyes to help advise you about Kitty. You can also draw attention to your thread by using the question mark icon located in the drop down menu of your condo(title). If you edit your title it's to the very left...it should say no prefix. Mouseover and it gives you options.

10. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Hi Carina, If you could please when you have a chance, edit your title to use the standard formatting: Date / Kitty Name / AMPS ###

So your title should read 1/18 or is it for 1/19, Kitty AMPS 389 upping dose (I assume) - but to what? You can also use the ? mark icon located in the drop down menu to attract more attention to your post. It'll help everyone here see what the date is of your post and what Kitty's AMPS number was without having to look at the SS.

Thank you so much :)

11. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

@Sue and Luci - do we know where Carina is located? It could easily be January 19th where she lives.

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  12. Christie & Maverick

I think in Norway, if I'm not mistaken.

13. Sue and Luci

No clue - why don't our forum members add a general location to their signatures anymore? I understand why we don't put our home address...but with no clue about what time zone or part of the world we can only guess. I saw that she has the 19th on her SS already - but I'm not sure which date this thread is from...without the typical format it's difficult to tell...

14. Christie & Maverick

I see Norway in signature ;)

Si am cat mom and Sue and Luci like this.
  15. Sue and Luci

You're right...these tired old eyes missed the fine print...ha! LOL! Now what day is it there??? So which date should be on this thread?

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  16. Christie & Maverick

She'll be into Sunday a.m. (3:00 a.m.) Today's thread is 18-Jan, I suspect she's sleeping at the moment ;)

Oops maybe not asleep, 19-Jan AMPS is now available.

17. Carina Josefine

Carina Josefine Member

I'm not sleeping. Was watching a film. Last shot was 2am 19th of January. Almost 2 hours ago. Yes, I'm in Norway :)