Kitty 3/17 PMPS 86 +2 50, +3 47, +4 61

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by worldtraveller, Mar 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worldtraveller

worldtraveller Member

Recap of today's strange curve:

AMPS 122
    +1 101
    +2 67
    +3 72
    +4 77
    +6 104
    +8 112
    +10 94
    PMPS 86

I just realized that 86 is the lowest ever PS reading.... He has not been eating much all day; perhaps that's why he went from blues to greens to blues to greens??? I gave him 0.5u for PM shot, and will be monitoring tonight...

For any newbies reading this forum: converting Kitty from dry food addict to wet food only made a HUGE difference in his insulin needs. He is now doing really well, his fur is just gorgeous! I see the light at the end of the tunnel now, but of course we have still a way to go.... :D

2. worldtraveller

worldtraveller Member

Re: Kitty 3/17 PMPS 86 +2 50

50 at +2 after PM shot.
    Usually his nadirs are at +3/+4, so need to continue to watch him....

3. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Yes. Please test a +2.5 and let us know what the number is.

4. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

And Welcome back :mrgreen:

5. worldtraveller

worldtraveller Member

Re: Kitty 3/17 PMPS 86 +2 50, +2.5 47

Thanks Dyana!

At +2.5 he is now 47. He's acting very normal. Still not eating much.... The usual LC food available.

6. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I think that 47 means a dosecrease :mrgreen:
    How much has he eaten? Maybe try to warm the food, or add just a bit of crumbled freeze dried treats, on top?
    I think he should eat a little bit to get him to rise a little and get on a nice surfboard. Come Kitty, some nice flat 60s would be nice. It does look like he seems to have early nadirs.

7. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Please let us know if you can get him to eat, and how much, and test again in 30 minutes. You're doing fine.
    And Kitty's doing great :mrgreen:

8. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: Kitty 3/17 PMPS 86 +2 50, +3 47

How's Kitty doing? Is she eating okay?

9. worldtraveller

worldtraveller Member

Thanks for your follow-up Dyana!

Now at +4 Kitty is 61. Since he usually reaches his nadirs this early, I think he will be doing fine so I will be going to bed now... For some reason he has not been eating much, perhaps 1/2 can of Gourmet Gold (=Fancy Feast like), so I will be leaving the food out for the night.

10. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Good idea to leave the food out. Surf nicely, Kitty.
    Sweet Dreams..:)

11. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

mia, we're thinking you should take the decrease of .25u at his next shot. if i recall correctly, you leave again monday morning for your next trip, right? we'd like you to get him back to .25u and see what happens with 2 shots on that tomorrow.

you do a great job collecting BG data and that'll give us some help on what should happen on monday.

sleep tight! Kitty's looking great!

12. worldtraveller

worldtraveller Member

Good morning!
    Woke up this morning a bit late and instead checking this board, rushed to take Kitty's BG, which was 94, and gave him his usual 0.5u dose. I am leaving for my trip on Tuesday evening, so will be home to test him all day today. Perhaps I will lower the dose to 0.25 for the PM shot tonight and i will be then able to test him tonight and tomorrow nights for his normal nadir times(+3/+4). Tomorrow during the day I will need to be in the office...

Will now start the thread for today's readings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.