Kitty 85 +5.5???

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by kse, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

Ok, you're almost to peak. She should start going up soon even without HC food.

2. kse

kse Well-Known Member

I think she is ok-- please go to bed...

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Is she eating little bits of MC?

I'm kind of feeling mad at the ProZinc manufacturers if this is the difference between a new vial and an old one. I mean, you even reduced the dose and wow, look at Cool Kitty go! I mean, really, it's dangerous if the vials are pooping out and they are saying they aren't, for just so many reasons.

confused_cat confused_cat confused_cat

4. kse

kse Well-Known Member

They are pooping out -- you have no idea what to shoot on a new vial. And then to keep up-- you have to increase your dose throughout the entire vial.

5. kse

kse Well-Known Member

She is sleeping-- I will check her again in 5 mins-- but, I think she is ok

No food

6. Rob & Harley (GA)

I did respond, are you sure you fed HC? I don't know why she isn't responding to it.

7. Joanna & Bix (GA)

I may need to revise my earlier dose suggestions :mrgreen: I think I'll just go back and delete that puppy! I really didn't think she would drop all the way to 50, and that was with you feeding her along the way too, right?

I wish there was a way to really document it. There are just so many variables, I don't know how you prove it. And then I'm not sure everyone else is experiencing the same thing? (Although maybe that explains some of the lack of action a lot of kitties seem to be seeing lately?)

Has anyone actually called them and asked how long the vial lasts? Or is it in the info sheet that comes with it? I know Vetsulin pooped out in 30 - 60 days, but not PZI Vet, and I was never sure what the difference was. Maybe ProZinc is in the Vetsulin category? But then the vets should be telling you that, and the price should be more like the $25 that Vetsulin was.

cat(2)_steam

8. kse

kse Well-Known Member

I have not fed any HC-- should I?

9. totallybeachin

totallybeachin Member

I don't know a thing about Vetsulin or the original ProZinc, but I am definitely going to place a call tomorrow to my PZI pharmacy and ask about this.
    I was just asking about this very thing earlier.

eta: I use a compounded PZI

10. totallybeachin

totallybeachin Member

If it were me, I would feed the HC, but I have no experience with this and I have a sensitive freak out meter.

11. kse

kse Well-Known Member

Go to BED.... +7.5 79

Thanks.......

12. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Hmmmm, you are using compounded? Interesting.... I don't know that your kitties' good results have anything to do with that, but it's certainly interesting. If you call them, ask them if they know about ProZinc too. Maybe it's something pharmacists would know if they keep up on the different insulins?

13. totallybeachin

totallybeachin Member

Will do, Joanna.

Kim, glad to see kitty is heading the other way.
    Ready for that wine now?
    drinking24

14. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Kim, no one WANTS to sleep! We are having Cool Kitty party time (even if the queen of the party is sleeping!!!!). Very nice numbers today, and you did an AWESOME job getting through The Night of the New Vial.

:RAHCAT

Have you thought about your dose for morning? I can tell you I will NOT yell if you pull the dose way back. I would certainly be tempted to do that, and honestly I don't know what I would shoot right now. The new vial is an unknown after this one IMO. I would factor in how much you fed her. If you fed her a fair amount and she still got those numbers, I'd reduce quite a bit. If you only fed a little more than normal, then I'd say the dose is pretty close and only pare back a little bit. I don't want to be a chicken, but at the same time it's just SUCH a better-than-expected response it makes me want to just pick something a lot lower and start a new baseline from there. If that's too low and you need to raise quickly you can, but then at least you would know what is too low... and you already know what is too high! I think she whomped the % drop on this one, no? :eek:

15. nancy and payne

nancy and payne Well-Known Member

Good, you are on your way up! be prepared for reds tomorrow :) DEPENDING on your AMPS# I might adjust the dose a little .... also I am around for awhile because I am working the Asian stock market tonight, almost as bad as teenagers!!

16. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Oh I just noticed she is headed back up, yay! I think I'd be tempted to shoot 3.5 in the morning if she is over 200, but I'm not sure. Don't shoot something like 1u, then I might yell a teeny bit. :)

17. kse

kse Well-Known Member

I can't pull back too far.

Every new vial we get has a better response for about a week and then it starts weakening. I honestly think Kitty is a 4 unit cat-- but when it starts pooping and you don't increase you lose ground.

I have no idea what to shoot tomorrow.

I knew we had to get out of the higher numbers, so I started the new vial tonight with the fluids.

I was Leary-- but, I didn't expect this!

18. nancy and payne

Don't go down too much on the dose, 3.5 sounds reasonable unless the PS # is wonky .....

19. Rob & Harley (GA)

I have to sign off now, you're in good hands.

20. Joanna & Bix (GA)

I think you'll do just fine now that you know you can't reduce by too much. Plus by tomorrow the vial might be weaker already, right? ohmygod_smile I would be on the moneyback guarantee warpath if I actually used ProZinc (or had the energy to be on any warpath :lol: ). It be crazy if this is the difference in the vials. Maybe she is having some kind of breakthrough, that would be supercool! I hope she is feeling well and enjoyed her party tonight! Those blues and greens hopefully feel nice.

21. totallybeachin

totallybeachin Member

I am going to go myself.
    I feel exhausted like this was happening to me.
    Whew...
    I wasn't kidding about the wine. :lol:
    My nerves feel like the way some of the SS's look.

eta: I have a *story* I will share with you guys tomorrow concerning Callie Mae.
    She thinks she is soooo slick.
    I'll leave it at that. ;-)
    Good night, y'all.

22. Joanna & Bix (GA)

I have to sign off too. If tomorrow is freaky remember there is always someone on Health. And shoot whatever feels right to you. I was just kidding before, I would never yell anyway. :mrgreen:

23. nancy and payne

Well, I'm still here if you need anything .....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.