Kitty almost 5 months OTJ! Some questions ... and a picture!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by worldtraveller, Aug 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worldtraveller

worldtraveller Member

Hello all Lantus Land friends!
    I have not been visiting the board for a while, but thought to stop by to say hello! It is great to see all OTJ trials, OTJ parties and all others doing well in LL.

Kitty is also doing well. It's been almost 5 months since his OTJ party, and all of his BG sample checks have been in normal ranges. He is diet controlled with Fancy Feast classics, and our life is just very normal. There, however, are some litter box issues... His urine is still sticky with large quantity in one go. He though uses the box a few times a day like a normal cat (vs multiple times when he was diagnosed with diabetes). Any idea what could cause this? He is drinking normal quantities of water. He also misses the box every once in the while, but perhaps that is related to the fact the he pees a lot in one go... I have not yet taken him to the vet, and in fact, I think it would be the best if I tell to the vet what tests she should take (not sure I can explain the situation to the Russian vet very clearly ;-) )

Here is also link to our story I wrote back in May http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=70488.

And finally - here is a picture of my boys .... Kitty is on the right and his buddy Joey is on the left :D

Greetings from Moscow,
    Mia

Attached Files:

2. tpr

tpr Well-Known Member

Re: Kitty almost 5 months OTJ! Some questions ... and a pict

Hi Mia!!!

So nice to get a report on Kitty! It's great that he's doing so well as a controlled diabetic. Sorry to hear that he is having lb issues. No advice from me in regards to his urine but I hope it resolves soon.

Tamara

3. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Re: Kitty almost 5 months OTJ! Some questions ... and a pict

Good to hear from you and great to hear that Kitty is doing so well! :D :D

Sorry about the LB issues. Do you add water to the canned food. That may help to dilute the urine. If you get tests done make sure they do a Urine Specific Gravity test on the urine sample.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.