Kitty (ga) and syringes available

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by ada and kitty, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ada and kitty

ada and kitty New Member

Most of you won't remember us..Kitty was dx'd in Jan 2001 and quickly went into remission in June 01. We were very lucky that we caught it, we weren't hometesting and the first hometest that we ever did showed his BG levels were low and he didn't need insulin. In October 2005, he was diagnosed again. I thought it would be as easy. It wasn't. He spent MONTHS reading HI on the meter. Neuropathy was terrible.He was very sick. We tried Caninsulin, Lantus, PZI (human), PZI (beef), R boosters, N boosters and finally Levemir in Oct 2006. By Jan 2007, he was in remission again, which I totally attribute to the miracle of Levemir. The neuropathy actually went away with good bg's and methyl b12. In April of 2007, he was dx'd with CRF. I was not surprised because of the damage I was sure was sustained in the almost year and a half of out of control BGs. We started him on Fortekor and low protein diet,( which was a bust) and decided that he could eat WHATEVER he wanted (as long as it was wet). In Oct 09, his CRF was much worse.The vet thought there was something else going on, we could have done more testing but at this point, he was 18. You wouldn't know it from looking at him that he was sick. Started him on Azodyl, a prebiotic that is supposed to mimic dialysis. He last a lot of weight in the last few years, he was 25 pounds and in October was 13.5. Still robust though. Last week he caught a mouse outside (we are in Southern ontario and it is WINTER HERE) and tried to bring it to me. I said no thanks but was so pleased that the boy felt good enough to catch a mouse. Sunday he threw up and stopped eating. Then he stopped drinking. Then swallowing was a problem and he started staggering when he walked. And he was slowly disappearing. All the things that gave him joy were not. And we made the sad decision to let him go yesterday. My dh and I are beyond broken hearted and devastated. This is the price of loving them so much and we did, oh we did. We have no other cats nor any human children, for 18.5 years he was our focus and now he is gone. I wish you could have known him. I am so grateful to the FDMB for telling me to HOMETEST and introducing me to these novel approaches to insulin. For the insulin support groups that cheered us on every day and held our hands when we despaired. Our vet had never heard of Levemir and it was such a magic bullet.

I also have a box of U100 5/16 inch 31 gauge BD needles that were absolutely wonderful to use. If there is anyone in Canada that would be interested in these, please send me an email (I can't seem to find where PMs are in this board) to adab8 at hotmail dot com and maybe reply to this post in case I don't get the email for some reason, just to let me know to be on the look out for your info. I don't know if I could send them to the US because of customs issues of shipping needles, but we don't need them and they are too valuable to throw away.
    If I have not posted this in the correct forum, please forgive me. As I said, I have not used this board, so am just finding my way around.
    A few shots of my beautiful boy, taken probably last summer:

http://picasaweb.google.com/ada.blythe/ ... 4553365858

http://picasaweb.google.com/ada.blythe/ ... 5553927522

Fly free my love. Your mommy and dad miss you so desperately.

2. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

I am so sorry Ada for your loss. Kitty is a most handsome kitty. ((((Ada))))

3. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((((((((((((((ADA))))))))))))))))))) Of course I remember you guys!! I am so very sorry for your loss. Many many tears :cry: here for Kitty, and sending lots of cyber hugs to you. Kitty is flying free now, whole and healthy over the Rainbow Bridge. wings_cat

Merlyn will help Kitty around in the spirit world.

4. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

((Ada)) So sorry to hear about Kitty wings_cat

The PMS are located in User Control Panel. There is a link to that near the top of the page when you are logged in.

If you select the option to recieve an email when a PM is received, the email will have a direct link to your PM inbox.

You can but you'll have to be "creative" on the customs form ;-) I'm sure there are Canadian members who can use the insulin syringes.

This board is fine :YMHUG: There is also a Grief forum if you want to post there as well.

5. Pat and Skipper (GA)

Pat and Skipper (GA) Member

I am so sorry for your loss. He obviously had a wonderful life with you; he looks very happy in his pictures. I hope your happy memories will be some comfort at this difficult time.
    Fly free, Kitty! rb_icon

6. lynda and scruffy (GA)

lynda and scruffy (GA) Member

Re:I'm so sorry, Ada.

You know, there are some pictures that you see here that really stick in your mind. That picture from a couple years ago of your Kitty on your deck in all his gray glory will forever be with me.

I'm so sorry to hear that he's gone - I can't imagine the emptiness you and your husband must be feeling right now. I like to think that the cats we lose are still with us, though, floating around just over your shoulder.

My sympathies, Ada. Watch for Kitty's rainbow, and know that it's a sign of his continuing presence.

[​IMG]

7. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

Oh Ada, I'm so sorry to hear of Kitty's passing. What a gloriously handsome boy he was and will always remain. May his memory always bring a smile to your lips and joy to your heart.

Terri

8. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to see this, Ada. We remember you. You and Kitty inspired us to make up our own Pancreas chant, and to have conversations with Meowzi's Pancreas.

Please accept my sincere condolences to your and your DH. Fly free, Handsome Kitty.

With many tears,
    WCF and Meowzi

9. Harley's Mom

Harley's Mom Member

I am new to this board so I don't know people yet but I wanted to give you my best wishes. After looking at Kitty's pictures I can see he was a beautiful thing. I especially like the one that shows his face.
    You miss him dearly but he is still with you in spirit. You will have many memories of him that make you smile and I hope that starts soon.

10. Tina and Regis (GA)

Tina and Regis (GA) Member

Ada, I am so sorry for your loss. Fly Free Kitty. I understand the emptiness. But Kitty's love will always be with you. Love knows no boundaries.

Sending hugs of comfort,

Tina, Regis in spirit, and Persia

11. BobsMom

BobsMom Member

I am so very sorry for your loss. May you be comforted by your years of memories with Kitty. BTW, just love that 2nd picture, Kitty looks so blissfully happy!!

12. Adrienne & Jimmy

Adrienne & Jimmy New Member

Hi Ada

I'm so sorry to hear about Kitty's passing. He sure fought a good fight!

(((Hugs)))

Adrienne

13. Lisa & Sgerli

Lisa & Sgerli New Member

I'm so very sorry to hear of Kitty's passing, Ada. Another "old timer" has crossed over... Many friends were there to greet him, that is for sure.

Sending many hugs to you and your DH.

Lisa

14. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Ada, My deepest sympathy to you and your husband on the passing of Kitty. What a long and wonderful life Kitty had being loved and spoiled by both of you. Been a long time since seeing you on FDMB but this is not the way we like to hear from other old timers. My heart goes out to you and I know how much you are going to miss him. We always miss them, no matter how many we have, but this one on one bond....no other kitties to share the spotlight.....they are loved so much and so dearly missed. May all your loving memories help you through the "moments". wings_cat

[​IMG]

15. Jennifer and Porky

Jennifer and Porky Member

I am so sorry for your loss - the pictures were wonderful, he was such a handsome boy!

16. Carol & Yoshi

Carol & Yoshi Well-Known Member

Ada, good to see you again but so sorry about Kitty. What a gorgeous boy!

17. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

((Ada)) This indeed is not the way we want to see friends from the past post on the board - one by one our oldtime extra sweet kitties are leaving us to join together once again at The Bridge. Kitty was, I'm sure, welcomed by many who were waiting for him.

What a wonderful and long life you gave to him for those many years - and I'm sure the love you received in return was wonderful. What a handsome guy he was - those pictures are spectacular -

You've helped many on the board with the knowledge you gained through Kitty's illnesses - now he will forever be one of out angels.

My heart goes out to you - it doesn't take long for these furry little creatures to wind their way into our hearts but after 18 years, they become such a part of us and our lives that it's so difficult to say goodbye. Let his memories bring a bittersweet smile to your lips - his love will remain with you always.

Sending many comforting prayers.

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi too)

18. Steph & Cuddles (GA)

Steph & Cuddles (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Ada))) I'm so sorry Kitty had to leave you. It's never enough time.

(((HUGS))) & tears,
    Steph & clan

19. Sweetgrass & the Furries

Sweetgrass & the Furries Member

(((Ada)))
    I am sorry to read of your loss. Kitty was an extra handsome guy with such a beautiful expression.

He is catching mousies and hanging in sunbeams and enjoying a body that is young and healthy once more, surrounded by all our GAs who knew of him by reputation and are throwing a big party in his honor.

Fly free Kitty...

Kimmee

20. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

(((((Ada and Mr. Ada))))) With Kitty having being a huge part of your hearts for over 18 years, you must feel like you've had the breath ripped out of you. He is a most beautiful soul, and may his memory in time bring you smiles. Fly free, sweet brave Kitty. wings_cat

21. Kathleen & Beau (GA)

Kathleen & Beau (GA) New Member

Oh Ada, I am so sorry to read about Kitty. What a beautiful boy he was! I am sure you are really hurting right now but know you did everything right for him. I feel the same way, that finding this place gave me more time with my Beau. Such a blessing, such a gift, to us and to them. Many hugs to you and to your DH, it's going to take awhile for the pain to lessen but it wouldn't hurt so much if it hadn't been for the love. Thank goodness for that love, so special, so wonderful, so much richness added to our lives.

Be gentle with yourself now....

XXOO
    Kathleen

22. Gina & Yittle (GA)

Gina & Yittle (GA) Member

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

23. Dana & Thomas

Dana & Thomas Member

(((Ada))),
    I am so sorry to read this. You and kitty had been through so much, and been together so long.
    Prayers go out to you and your husband; Fly Free Sweet Kitty.
    Dana

24. Trish & Harley (GA)

Trish & Harley (GA) Member

(((Ada, Rick & Kitty)))
    his handsomeness is shinning through at the bridge. I'm sure Harley has looked him up and there is one special party up there.
    love ya' hon

25. KarenRamboConan

KarenRamboConan Senior Member Moderator

Safe crossing, sweet Kitty

(((Ada and Rick)))

Kitty will never be forgotten. He was an old-timer, one of the Special Ones. When I think of him, I always picture him belly up in the sun - and I know that is exactly what he is doing now! That was "his" pose. And I remember the time he would only eat out of the cola can box!

You and Rick were blessed to have had him chose you as his partners in this life. And he, in turn, was blessed with the love and devotion he received from you. Such pleasure and love he brought into your life ... your grief is a measure of that depth of joy.

Know that you are in my thoughts and heart as you move through this difficult time. Wishing you peace amd comfort in your memories.

Let me come in where you are weeping, friend,
    And let me take your hand.
    I, who have known a sorrow such as yours, can understand.
    Let me come in--I would be very still beside you in your grief;
    I would not bid you cease your weeping, friend,
    Tears bring relief. Let me come in--and hold your hand,
    For I have known a sorrow such as yours,
    And understand.

-Grace Noll Crowell

26. bartinmi

bartinmi New Member

I am so sorry for your loss. 18+ is a testament to the great care you took of your friend Kitty. Your pictures are wondefull.

27. Lasse & Kurre(GA)

Lasse & Kurre(GA) New Member

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Kitty.
    He sure was handsome.

Fly Free Kitty.

Lasse & Kurre(GA)

28. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

So very sorry for your loss. 18 years is a long time to care for each other. Land softly Kitty till you all meet again...

Jeanne

29. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA Member

Oh (((((((((((((((Ada))))))))))))))))))))) Sharing your pain, your loss, your tears....

I'm so very, very sorry.

30. Lee and Tida (GA)

Lee and Tida (GA) Member

I am so sorry to hear about your sweet Kitty. My little girl, Tida was just dx'd with CRF and Hyper T on Monday. She is exhibiting some of the same symptoms....I am trying to do what I can for her.

Your boy was a handosome kitty, and I'm sure he knew how much he was loved.

31. Holli & Ping (GA)

Holli & Ping (GA) Member

Ada, I am so sorry for your loss of Kitty. Your memories of him will live on forever.
    That was such a beautiful tribute and great photos to remeber your boy by.
    Thinking of you, Holli

32. Janet & Binky (GA)

Janet & Binky (GA) Senior Member Staff Member Moderator

(((Ada)))

I am so sorry that it was Kitty's time to leave you. He was so fortunate to have you as his guardian.

Many hugs,

Janet

33. Sheila and Yannick GA

Sheila and Yannick GA New Member

Oh, Ada, I'm so sorry, sweetheart. I'm not around much these days and wasn't expecting this.
    Sheila & Yannick GA and the wee girlies x x x

34. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

((Ada)) I am so sorry for the loss of your special Kitty. I know your heart is hurting. But I am also positive Kitty knows how much he was loved. Fly free sweet Kitty!

35. Linda and Wild Thing

Linda and Wild Thing New Member

Ada and Rick:

So very sorry to hear of Kitty's passing. Kitty was one of the lucky ones--lucky enough to own those who cared very deeply for him and gave him the best life possible. Without you, he could not have survived to the ripe age of 18+ years.

I remember that picture of him, on his back, on your deck, without a care in the world. That's how I always remember him.

I'm sure the reunion at the Bridge is loaded with old timers welcoming him--I know that Wild Thing will be among them.

Take care. You did good!

xxoo LInda and Wild Thing (GA)

36. Cheryl & Tux

Cheryl & Tux Member

((((((((((Ada and Rick))))))))))

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I know that your heart is breaking and I pray that you will find comfort in the love that you shared with Kitty and that memories of that love and the life you shared will soon help your heart begin to heal.

With lots of love and shared tears.............

Fly free, magnificent Kitty, fly free................

37. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

(((Ada and DH))) I am so sorry. Fly free Kitty.

He has such a handsome face. Thank you for posting the photos.

38. Mary & Stormy Blue

Mary & Stormy Blue Member

I am deeply sorry for your loss of Kitty.
    You have my most sincere condolences.

~M

39. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Ada,

I'm so sorry that you lost Kitty. I hope your beautiful memories will help you and your husband through your grief. It sounds like he was very loved and you gave him the best life a kitty could want. He will always be in your heart. I love the pictures especially the one of him on the deck. Lovin every minute of being a kitty. He was a very handsome cat.

My thoughts are with you and your husband at this very difficult time.

jan and sara

40. Lucy and Oscar(GA)

Lucy and Oscar(GA) Member

I am so very sorry for your loss.

Some day you will meet again.

Until then . . .

Fly free precious Kitty(GA)

41. stefani&toonces

stefani&toonces Member

What a beautiful tribute, how much love shows in your words. My heart goes out to you. He looks like such a truly great cat. It is clear he brought you both so much joy. ((Hugs))

42. maryjoandsmokie

maryjoandsmokie Member

I'm sorry your Sweet Baby Boy had to leave you. But you will see him again.
    He is watching for you.

43. Wendy & Tiger

Wendy & Tiger Member

(((((Ada & DH))))

I am so sorry for your loss of your handsome Kitty!

He looks so peaceful and happy in all your pictures. I'm sure that is just how he looks now at the bridge -- contently waiting for the day that you will all be together again.

Kitty will always live on in your hearts!

Sending hugs and prayers...

44. Melissa&Popcorn(GA)

Melissa&Popcorn(GA) Member

Ada,

My heart aches for you. I am so terribly sorry for your loss of Kitty. He was and always will be one very lucky sugarcat to have been loved so very much.

With much sadness,

Melissa

45. Karen & dB (GA)

Karen & dB (GA) Well-Known Member

Ada, I'm so sorry. Holding you and your DH in my thoughts and prayers.

Tears,
    Karen, dB in spirit, Bindi, and Dorje

46. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

so sorry for the loss of Kitty.
    Yes, you are right, the pain you feel is the high price to pay for loving them so much. But you wouldn't have loved him any less.... One very lucky cat.

(((( Ada )))

Peace dear Kitty. Peace. wings_cat

47. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

((( Ada )))

I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to your handsome boy.

48. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

I am sorry to read about your loss. Rest easy knowing that he is now free, happy, pain free, and once again enjoying the things he loves - the rainbow bridge is a wonderful place. rb_icon

Fly free sweet Kitty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.