Kitty kat

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Julie.jones, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Julie.jones

Julie.jones New Member

Hi my cat kitty..is on prozinc..she is having 0.70 in morning..0.60 in evening she can be quite insulin sensitive.. she has been going a bit high nothing has changed in her day..she has fine flakes..chicken for treats..she has put on weight seems happy and content..not over weeing..or overdrinking her numbers today were 5am 20.1 on o.75 units of prozinc..+5 16.2...+6...17.2..she is around the same in evening with...0.60 units..is there anything different I should be doing..

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Good morning..at least it's still morning for another 35 minutes where I am. :)

I just reviewed your previous thread in the Introduction forum and I'm so glad you have checked back in. There are a couple of things you can do to help us help you and answer your questions.

First is to create a signature so that we can see Kitty's information right away whenever you post. It always displays and you won't have to repeat the information in subsequent posts.

Setting up your signature (light grey text under a post). Here's how:
    click on your name in the upper right corner of this page
    click on "signature" in the menu that drops down
    type the following in the box that opens: kitty's name/age/date of diabetes diagnosis/insulin you're using and dosage amount /glucose meter you're using/what (s)he eats/any other meds or health issues (s)he has. You can add your name, and a geographic location (sometimes the country/time zone matters) Be sure to SAVE when you are finished.

The second is to set up the spreadsheet and record the insulin and testing data you have & are getting. This spreadsheet is linked right to the signature and we can click on it to review the info.
    You will see how the trends and patterns emerge, and members can review her progress before offering suggestions or advice:
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/fdmb-spreadsheet-instructions.130337/
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/understanding-the-spreadsheet-grid.156606/

Then the more experienced members can review and tell you what they think, or if you should be doing anything different.