Kizzy Whipped..and I Nae-Nae'd. Oooops

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by KizzysMom, Nov 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KizzysMom

KizzysMom New Member

Decided to sneak in a +11 test on Kizzy this evening. Super easy... I just walk into the kitchen and BOTH cats always magically appear. They could've just eaten a mountain lion, but they will still dance around me like they haven't eaten in weeks.

So I sit on the kitchen floor to test Kizzy...and she comes right to me. Get her in my lap, a few loves and she settles in. I open the lancet...pop the strip in the meter to start it...grab the napkin to put behind her ear.... go in for the poke...

and then she whipped and I nae-nae'd. Poked myself.

Good news - my blood sugar is 84 =)

Surely I am not the only Sugar Mommy or Daddy to have done this, right? :smuggrin:

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh heck no!!! Welcome to a very well established group of self-pokers!!

3. Julia Rae

Julia Rae Well-Known Member

LOL aww heck now I have lost count of the number of times I have poked myself. Now that statement can be taken so very wrong...

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  4. KizzysMom

KizzysMom New Member

Self Pokers Anonymous? Sheesh, that really DOES sound bad...hahaha!

5. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

That's funny that you just went ahead and tested yourself, I thought I was the only one to do that! At least we will know it if we ever become pre-diabetic :)

6. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Is that true or what!!! You are a hoot and I am so glad that your BG is good, although, getting a bit low, so I hope you had a snack!

Merlin likes this.
  7. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

I think most of us have done that. Now the question is, with the strip in the meter - who do you test first? You or your cat????

I usually will test the cat first and then see how quickly I can grab a new strip to test myself. :cat:

8. Merlin

Merlin Well-Known Member

That is so funny. If any of our BG numbers go up (from previous accidental pricks), what should we say to the doctor? "Hey Doc, I have diabetes thanks to my cat" and "I have all the supplies and will start my low carb diet, check for ketones AND set up a spreadsheet for you!" I think they will appreciate that, don't you?

9. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

What is sad is that I am more picky about what my cats eat than what I eat.

10. Tara & Ivana (GA)

Tara & Ivana (GA) Well-Known Member

I must be the only one who hasn't poked myself, accidental or otherwise... mainly because I like to leave at least a 10 metre distance between myself and any needles ;-) When I first bought Ivana's meter, I thought "Oh I'll just test myself so I can see how the meter works." Nup, couldn't do it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.