Krazy Cat follow up

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by sueandkrazy, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sueandkrazy

sueandkrazy New Member

Hi and thank you to every one. I've just gotten home from the vet clinic. Krazy wasn't hypo after all. Her BG was over 400. Seems she has a problem she had two years ago they call cyro-thoracic (sp). Not sure on the terminology. It's fluid on her chest surrounding her lungs. Two years ago we spent over $3000 to find there was no good cause for the fluid, (as well as having the fluid removed). We were told the fluid could return at any time, we've made it two years! So I've been told treating a sick diabetic cat is much different than a healthy one. My husband and I had a decision to make and we decided to go ahead and have her chest tapped to remove the fluid today. When it comes down to it we just aren't ready to say good bye. So she is in good hands right now. Besides removing the fluid from her lungs today she will be re-hydrated by IV, and tonight if she perks up a bit they're going to try force feeding her.

Going forward I've been warned that her diabetes may be more difficult to control. I did observe the vet testing with a meter which relived much of my anxiety regarding home testing. So I'm hopping that we're putting her though all this to get her back to the point were she's a happy Krazy cat who can jump up on the desk and lay in front of my husband's computer and get her ears "done".

Sorry I didn't get back last night, I was sitting with Krazy till very late trying to get her drink some milk. Then called vet again who felt something else was going on and to bring her in. Thanks to every one, if all goes well I'll need much more help I'm sure.

Sue and Krazy (& worried sisters)

PS: this is the first forum I've ever joined so please have patients with me as I figure out how things work when I'm less frazzled

2. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that you finally know the cause of the lethargy! Though I am sure we all wished that it meant Krazy needed less insulin :YMSIGH: Hopefully pulling all the fluid off her lungs will help the diabetes in the near future though. Purrs and head butts to you both! cat_pet_icon

3. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

I am so glad to hear Krazy is being taken care of at the vet for a known problem.

It's so frustrating when you don't know what the problem is.

All that sugar last night probably did raise her BG to that 400 at the vets.

But better to be too high than dangerously low.

Plan to learn to home test sooner rather than later !!!

Hope Krazy feels better soon and can come home.

4. Lisa + Frankie

Lisa + Frankie Member

Hey Sue, just a note to let you know that I'm in Columbus near Rt. 161 so there's somebody local. If you decide that you need to get a second opinion for Krazy, my vet has a cats only practice on Cleveland Avenue at I-270 in Westerville (Meredith Weller at the Cat Doctor). She's up to date on diabetes and has always been responsive to our questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.