Lahomay: Update and it's GOOD

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Ashley A Catlover, Feb 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashley A Catlover

Ashley A Catlover New Member

Hey All,

It's been awhile but I wanted to bring you all up to date about Lahomay. You may recall from my last post, he had a tooth pulled. It was a bottom molar and after that, he was not the same cat. He had lost even more weight, down to 8 pounds, from a healthy 11 last May. He had steadily been going downhill and I was very worried. Since then, he has been put on one unit of ProZinc Insulin twice a day and it has made a WORLD of difference! It's only been a week and already he is back to normal. I had switched him to canned food from dry food the day he was diagnosed with FD back in December. More and more though, he was eating less and less. That's when I had the bad tooth pulled. Then he all but stopped eating all together. I tried everything, baby food, tuna, you name it, chicken I would bring home from work, PRIME RIB, I would bring home from work. It got to the point PR was ALL he would eat. I can't even afford to eat PR, so it got to be a bit ridiculous.

Anyway...fast forward to today and he is back to being my lil' Butthole. I am going to take him back to the vet for a check up in 10 days. For now, we are staying the course. Other bridges will I'm sure, need to be crossed but for now...it's good.

Ya know, I am so proud of myself for being able to give him shots and actually make his lil life better. I didn't think I could do it before. I've not been able to home test his BG YET! Poor guy doesn't have enough weight on him right now, but I feel confident I will be able to in the future. Right now, I am seeing total improvement and I am going with that.

I don't have a spreadsheet because I just can't. I am not that person, so please don't expect that. I will though, be glad to answer any questions as best I can. I am thankful to share my experience and learn from you guys. If I had to give any advice to any one struggling with this, it would be to have confidence in yourself. YOU CAN DO THIS!!

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

I’m glad Lahomay is doing well!

Ashley A Catlover likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.