Lancets

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Tina and Gracie (GA), May 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tina and Gracie (GA)

Tina and Gracie (GA) Member

I ran out of my good lancets. I just know the "thin" and "micro" lancets take a verrrrrrrrrry long time for blood to come out. They are 26 gauge. I go up in size right? Maybe 28.

I should probably know this.

2. mouse16

mouse16 Member

not quite sure what you mean so i might answer wrong..28 gauge is thinner than 26, the higher the number the finer the needle/lancet

3. Tina and Gracie (GA)

Tina and Gracie (GA) Member

I guess that was worded poorly. The 26's are causing more havoc than necessary. My feline isn't patient enough to wait while the blood slowly comes out.

I was guessing I needed the 28.

4. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

As mouse said, 28 is thinner, 26 is thicker. So 26 should be making more blood come out than a 28 does. Either way, those should both be plenty big. It's the 33's you really want to avoid, and even the 30's can be too thin for some cats.

My hunch is that Gracie is a little dehydrated if she isn't bleeding well with the 26's. Make sure to add some extra water to her food, keep fresh water out for her to drink, and limit the dehydrated treats. And warm her hear and massage it a bit before you test to get the blood flowing up there.

Sorry her ear is being difficult for you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.