Lantus 12/28 Bandit AMPS 191 +3 203 +6 293 Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Julia & Bandit (GA), Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Julia & Bandit (GA) Well-Known Member

I posted this in the other board earlier, but I haven't been able to access the Lantus board because of the site problems, so I figure it's worth a shot here.

I overslept this morning and gave Bandit his shot 1.75 hours late at 8:45am (shot is usually at 7am). I know I'm supposed to move the shot back in 15 minute increments, but the latest I can leave for work tomorrow is 7:45am. What should I do? Move the shot back a half hour tonight, and a half hour tomorrow morning, or reduce his dose tonight?

I called my vet and she told me to move back a half hour tonight and tomorrow, but to monitor bandit a little extra at the beginning and end of his cycles. Does this sound right?

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 12/28 Bandit AMPS 191 +3 203 +6 293 Advice Needed

Let's see what he is at +11.
    Sometimes, when J.D. is really (J.D. gets really high) high, I can shoot at +11 to make up some time. But, if his numbers are high enough to shoot that early tonight, I wouldn't advise shooting any earlier than +12 tomorrow morning.
    I am not a dosing expert, so please wait for more advise. I was just telling you my experience with J.D.

3. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I see a +10~317 on your spreadsheet, I would test at +11 and if he's still going up, then you can shoot an hour or 45 minutes early. Probably the best would be to shoot at +11.25 tonight and +11.75 in the morning, if he's high enough tonight. Otherwise we might have to BCS one of the shots.

4. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Julia & Bandit (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 12/28 Bandit PMPS 350

Ugh, I didn't see your post until it was too late, so he got his shot at +11.5.

5. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 12/28 Bandit PMPS 350

ok, you may not be able to shoot at +11.5 in the morning (we try not to shoot that early two cycles in a row because it can create too much overlap). See what his number is, post for advice if you can, otherwise err on the side of caution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.