? Lantus bad?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by racn1320, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racn1320

racn1320 Member

So when do you know your lantus is bad,wore out? how much do your numbers rise around peak time when its no good anymore?

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Typically people replace their vials after 5-6 months. Cartridges/pens may last to the last drop, depending on size of dose. Is it clear, see any "floaties"? There isn't any particular amount that numbers rise at peak time when the insulin is no longer good. On a regulated cat, you might see numbers start to trend up. Do you have a spreadsheet of blood sugar numbers we can look at?

3. racn1320

racn1320 Member

mione is only a month old,lantus pen,yes there was some floaties in it, and a air bubble,but i got them out.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Has the pen been subject to any especially cold temperatures or the heat? If not and it's been working for most of the month, it's likely still working now.

5. racn1320

racn1320 Member

Nope I do my normal thing as always. her numbers are just higher than i like so i went up .25 more this am still no change.

6. racn1320

racn1320 Member

switched foods no better,vet said she gained 4 lbs in last year,so if i feed her half of what i am now could that bring the numbers down? If not next step maybe to add .5 dosage

7. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

8. racn1320

racn1320 Member

I keep track of her numbers,just not on here,so besides this spreadsheet what are your recomendations besides a spreadsheet

9. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Sorry, it would be irresponsible of me and could be dangerous to make dosing suggestions/recommendations without the ability to review and analyze available data. That's what I meant when I said we're data driven. We make decisions, suggestions, and recommendations based mainly on accumulated data as well as on personal experience and anecdotal evidence.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.