Lantus. Cheapest? Canada?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by beene5052, Sep 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beene5052

beene5052 Member

We would like to start our Cat on Lantus as it looks as if many of you are on this insulin. $299.00 is too expensive a month for us. Can you order thru a Canadian Pharmacy? Will it last longer than a month? Please advise. Thank you.

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Many people in the US order from a Canadian pharmacy, Marks Marine Pharmacy in Vancouver, British Columbia. You'd have to fax a prescription from your vet to them once at the beginning. The best way to get the Lantus is in a 5 pack of pen cartridges, each of which is 3mL and can be used like a mini vial. That mini vial contains 300 units of Lantus so if you're dosing 2 units total per day, it should last about 150 days. The rest will keep well in your fridge until the package expiry date, usually 2 years down the line. The price is about half what you'd pay in the US.

Sylvie likes this.
  3. beene5052

beene5052 Member

4. beene5052

beene5052 Member

And Thank you! I can't say that enough!!!

5. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

6. beene5052

beene5052 Member

Thank you! I just know saw your post! You guys are awesome!

7. Juliet

Juliet Guest

The good thing about buying insulin here (Canada) is that you don't need a prescription either. I just called regular pharmacy and a vial is just $79 Cdn so less for you in US.

8. Ken and Sneakers

Ken and Sneakers Member

If you check craigslist, there are many people selling lantus for cheap, usually around $100 for a vial/box of pens.
    I assume they get their insulin from benefits or insurance and sell the extra. If it is not available in your city/state, check other areas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.