LANTUS HELP Need help with BG numbers!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Blue and Freddies Mom, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue and Freddies Mom

Blue and Freddies Mom Member

Hi all,

I was hoping to get some help with BG numbers and insulin dosage. So, briefly, the beginning of this year, I took my cat Blue off his dry prescription food and put him on wet food--mostly Wellness and Evo, grainfree. He is doing great, lost some weight, beautiful coat etc. At about the same time I started home testing. His numbers have gone down and subsequently I've been giving less insulin. He has been a pain in the rear about testing, but I did managed to get two tests today which I think seems good, but am wondering what to do next.

This morning his BG was 96 + 12 (was about an hour after breakfast). I decided to give him 2 units instead of 3 (which he received last night) knowing I should be keeping an eye on him for hypo signs. This afternoon he was 88 + 6 (on empty stomach). He has never hypo'ed in his 2 years of diabetes (he's 12).
    So, I'm wondering whether he should get a shot this evening (shot time is about 9--morning and evening)?? Could his pancreas be kicking in????

Here are additional details that may be useful:
    Blue is on Lantus
    syringes are U-100 (hope that makes sense)
    He has been acting is usual self today--plenty of attitude!
    I don't have a spread sheet of his numbers, I just haven't been able to get enough blood out of the old boy so far!

Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thank you.

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: Need help with BG numbers!

Hi there

lots of lantus users here! It may help to add some attention to your thread by adding LANTUS HELP to your main subject/title line....go to ur first post in this thread and click on EDIT, and add LANTUS HELP to the title of this thread.

3. Jean and Megan

Jean and Megan Member

Re: Need help with BG numbers! - Lantus

You need somebody familiar with Lantus to answer you, and that's not me. Would you put the word Lantus in the subject line of your original post? That would help get the attention of people who could actually answer your question.

4. Blue and Freddies Mom

Blue and Freddies Mom Member

5. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Blue's mom.....PLEASE CHECK YOUR LANTUS THREAD

Putting this here in case u don't make it back to the Lantus forum tonight...

Please be very careful, I really think u need solid feedback with your insulin and please do ur best to get a BG test before u shoot insulin.

Link from Lantus forum
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4728

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.