Lantus Help with BG readings

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Ann & Maggie11 (GA), Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I tried to locate the Lantus forum board but got stuck, so some questions. Maggie is newly diagnosed early January.
    My kitty had been on 2 units, but because of some low readings she was switched to 1 unit (per Vet) this past Friday.
    Her scores were up and down the chart, so the Vet then increased the dosage to 1.5 units on Saturday. Her glucose was 88 mid day Saturday, then 94 right before her evening shot. This morning at 7:30 am her score was 79. Just a short while ago though (approx 2 pm) her score was 63. I gave her some food. She is not showing any symptoms of hypoglycemia. She is not due for her next shot until 8:15 pm -- I am in CA. Do think I need to go back down to 1 unit.

Now I see the top part where I can access the Board, but for now I will wait for any answers.

2. Jean and Megan

Jean and Megan Member

Re: Help with BG readings

Did you find the Lantus board? You really need answers from someone experienced with your insulin. I am NOT experienced, but your numbers look awfully "normal" to me. Don't give any insulin until you get advice from someone who knows how it acts.

63 is still within normal range. You wouldn't expect to see hypo symptoms there. (You wouldn't worry until you get to 50 or maybe lower.) For now, hold off on the insulin until you get advice from a Lantus-knowledgeable member.

It would help if you put the word Lantus in the subject of your original post.

3. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hi there

have you begun a spreadsheet? The TECH forum has instructions on how to begin a spreadsheet:
    viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16
    This will help track your numbers and progress, as well - it's easier for others to quickly view it and help out.

The Lantus forum has many members using Lantus.
    Maybe you could cross post there or take a peek at the information threads on how lantus works.
    Lantus forum
    viewforum.php?f=9

4. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

You might also want to add LANTUS HELP to your main subject/title line....go to ur first post in this thread and click on EDIT, and add LANTUS HELP to the title of this thread.

This will help too.

5. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Okay thank you both. I will cross post and edit title.

6. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Hi, I'm now on the Lantus Board. Thanks everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.