Lantus Now for Podo

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Seattlebrian, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seattlebrian

Seattlebrian Member

Here is a link to my other thread http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=17614.

I just got a prescription from my vet for Lantus. He seemed to be using fairly old information for diabetes and had never heard of Lantus. But once he looked it up, he wrote me a prescription for it. Now he said I can just pick it up at any pharmacy, is it the exact same bottles that they give to people? I wouldn't expect a normal pharmacy to be carrying animal prescription meds.

She is on 3U of vetsulin now, what should I start her on with the Lantus? 1U, 2U? And I figure I should do full 2 hour testing curves the first couple shots. I'd like to run out and get her prescription filled tomorrow, and start her on the new drug Saturday when hopefully I won't be too distracted and can remember to test ever 2 hours and watch her closely.

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

The most economical way to go is the pens. But for that info, and the starting dose, and really everything about Lantus, you need to go over to their forum: viewforum.php?f=9 Everyone there uses Lantus.

Be sure to read all the stickies at the top of the page. It will give you invaluable information.

So glad you got Lantus. Hope that is the answer for Podo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.