Lantus pen users who buy from online Canada Pharmacies

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by sherryb, Dec 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sherryb

sherryb New Member

I live in Washington State and am looking to buy the Lantus Solostar 5 (3ml) pens from an online Canada pharmacy. I read the Canada Online Pharmacy thread but was only confused by it. Are there others on here that buy from Canada if so what online pharmacy do you use and are happy with. Roughly how far in advanced do I need to buy the medicine so that I do ot run out of current stock before getting the pens? I would rather pay a little more with a trusted site than buy from one that I might be sorry with. So please help me with your experience.

2. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

i'm going to cross-post into the Lantus forum to try to get some eyes for you on those who do this. there are several users who buy from canadian pharmacies.

you can also get one pen from many local places. i'm in corvallis and i buy from Albertson's pharmacy - i think they have those in washington (didn't you say you're from yakima?). it's a save-on chain. often a hospital pharmacy will sell just one also. the one i got from Albertson's was $43.

3. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I have ordered Lantus from CanadaDrugsOnline on several occasions and been happy with them. I live in New Jersey, and the shipping usually takes about 5 business days. I try to order before I'm on my last pen or cartridge anyway. I also try to order when there is no worry about the insulin freezing while being shipped. Like I would not order it in January or February.
    Lately I have switched over to Levemir, and Levemir from CanadaDrugsOnline has two separate prices for the same product. I asked them what the difference was and they said that the cheaper one comes all the way from Turkey, and the more expensive one comes directly from Canada. So, I've always bought the one from Canada, as it is closer. I do not know the shipping time from Turkey as I have never experienced it.
    Hope that helps a little.

4. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Sherryb,
    The Canadian pharmacy I deal with and trust is: Canada Drugs Online http://www.CanadaDrugsOnline.com. phone: 1 877 900 3784
    When they have your vet's prescription, they send the Lantus out and it takes about a week. They are located in Surrey, BC. You can go to their web page and see their instructions. Your vet has to fax the prescription from his office, or you can send them by mail the original prescription (not a copy) on their form, which is available to download. Once they get the prescription, they will call you to verify and send out the insulin. They wrap it in a cold sleeve and send it in an insulated cooler. I have not had a problem with them.

You do have to be careful when ordering drugs from Canada, because many "pharmacies" are actually rogue and deliberately have names that look like the names of legitimate pharmacies. Beware of those that do not have a physical address. PharmacyChecker.com has a list of rogue pharmacies and also tells you how to order safely. They also have a verification program, and you can check on the "verify" check-box on the website of a pharmacy that has passed their test to see what kind of certification that pharmacy has. See Pharmacy Checker's web page in general, and the page on rogue pharmacies in particular:
    http://www.pharmacychecker.com/rogue-pharmacies.asp

Good luck!

Ella & Rusty

5. sherryb

sherryb New Member

Thanks for all your help :) I don't have much of a choice but to order this time of year but I may look into into Albertson's as Julie said. Maybe get a couple of pens for now until we get past the freezing stage. My vet told me to make sure the medicine was from Canada and not else where. He said that in other places there are not as strict of guideline on the medicines and not sure what I would end up with. If it is from Canada and is Lantus that's what I will get. And like I have been reading to find a trusted Canadian website. It looks like a few of you use the CanadaDrugsOnline so will go with them. Thanks again for everyone helping me......this forum has made things so much easier for me and Sami.

6. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi again,
    I wouldn't be concerned about drugs made in Turkey. I have read that All of the major drug companies produce drugs for the European market in Turkey (these include Sanofi Aventis [Lantus] and Novo Nordisk [Levemir]). They are perfectly safe and are not "generic" either. My only concern would be the amount of time it might take for them to get here. Quite a few of the people on the FDMB buy Lantus or Levemir produced in Turkey. At Canada Drugs Online they tell you where the insulin is manufactured, so you know before you buy.
    Best of luck,

Ella

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.