Lantus Question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Nicole & Baby, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

I got up this morning to give Baby her injection & put my lantus back in fridge....3 hours later...my fridge light was burnt out...everything was still cold..but not as cold..so i either didnt completely shut the door or my fridge is out... is my lantus ok if still cold?? also...im bringing it to work wit me today incase fridge is out...is the car ride for lantus ok? i see people say not to shake or roll & handle very gently...im sure there is some movement in the car ride...im kind of freaking out....please help me

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

It should be fine for the ride. Remember, the insulin gets shipped in trucks the bounce around a bit. The time the Lantus was warm might decrease the life a little though.

3. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Thanks, Larry! Appreicate you replying!

4. Lori&Fidget

Lori&Fidget New Member

Hi Nicole! We've been using Lantus for over 3 years now and have never had a vial go bad because it became warm for a short period. This was even true in our first year when we typically let the vial sit out for up to half an hour (twice a day) before pulling the insulin into the syringe. If yours was still cool or cold to the touch I doubt you have anything to worry about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.