lantus solostar pens

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by alexia&wednesday, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexia&wednesday

alexia&wednesday Member

How long do you keep them refrigerated for? It says 28 days after opening, just curious what you have to say.

Thanks,
    Alexia

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. Unopened, the cartridges/pens are good until the expiration date stamped on the box. Once opened, there's a bit of debate. The manufacturer says that Lantus is good for 28 days. On the Tilly Protocol, they indicate that members of the German forum have used Lantus (not sure if it's a vial or cartridge) for 6 mos. I don't know if there's anyone here who has had Lantus last that long. Some people are able to get longer than 28 days. Probably the longest is 2 months but there are instances where numbers just get weird. Others can't get longer than 28 days.

3. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

And then it depends on the dose you are giving.
    I opened a pen on Jan 22/10 and it is done already. Of course Max and I are using 5.75u
    at a time.

4. paige

paige Well-Known Member

We used ours well over 30 days. Rumor has it that as long as the Lantus is still clear and you don't see any floaties you can continue to use it. Unless of course the BG numbers start to reflect that maybe the Lantus is not acting as it should.

5. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

I really like them, easy to handle,easy to use,better than those tiny cartridges..
    I put them in refrigerator from the moment I got them, and there they sit! They are fine..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.