Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donna & Gabby

Donna & Gabby New Member

WOW! I am so sorry to hear about the crash and sooooo glad you are up and running. I was about to go into withdrawal!

Now on to my question: We bought 5 cartridges, we use one for well over a month. Gabby takes so little insulin that we still have 2.5 carts left but the expiration date on the box is approaching 1/21/10. Since the other carts aren't opened is the insulin still good???

Thanks,
    Donna & Gabby

2. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

You can be sure that unopened insulin is good through the expiration date. After that, there is no way to be sure how viable it still is.

By any chance, have you taken advantage of the FREE lantus. You have just a couple more days to get it. Here's the link:

http://www.lantusconnection.com/lc2/ema ... ePens.html

When I got mine filled. I asked the pharmacy for the latest expiration date they had available. This way, while Maui doesn't need insulin any longer, I've got the "insurance" policy sitting in the fridge.

3. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

Probably. If you are home testing you should know when it poops out.

BUT you can get FREE lantus until 12/31/09! [www.felinediabetes.com]

In Particular, go here [www.lantusconnection.com]

and print out a coupon for FREE lantus.

Read the fine print on the coupon so you have all your ducks in a row

4. Donna & Gabby

Donna & Gabby New Member

Ya HOO! Great coupon that I just missed out on!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! And thanks for all your replies - we will get the new insulin and keep using up what we have as long as our numbers are good.

Donna & Gabby

5. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

You will need to get your vet to write a new script that is specifically for the Solstar pens or the pharmacy will not fill it.

6. Karen and Flo

Karen and Flo Member

I think the coupon is for new prescriptions only, so you might want to go to a different pharmacy from the one where you got your other batches just in case.

7. Donna & Gabby

Donna & Gabby New Member

Good catch. I saw that as I was about to fill it. Going tomorrow to get a specific script and then it's off to Wal-Mart!

Thanks again, this is a great savings.
    Donna & Gabby

8. Karen and Flo

Karen and Flo Member

Be sure to ask for the one with the latest expiration date.... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.