Lantus

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by vansplic, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vansplic

vansplic Member

I have a bottle of lantus that was opened Wed. and had just 1u taken out. It has been handled with kid gloves. If anyone in the Indy area needs it please let me know. If you can make a donation to Itty's vet for it that would be appreciated. My main concern however is that it not sit in my fridge and go bad if some kitty could use it. The other supplies I will be holding onto as chances are high that once the vet bills are paid and a savings account in place there will be another very special kitty in our home. If however there is an emergency please let me know!

2. Janice & Johnny

Janice & Johnny Well-Known Member

It's wonderful that you're doing this! I'm posting to bump your message up. I hope someone can use it.

3. vansplic

vansplic Member

4. Martica and Fred

Martica and Fred Member

If you didn't get a taker you might try the free stuff section of Craig's List. You might also get a human taker, although perhaps that is 'illegal' and giving it for a cat is not....but you could always specify that it's for a diabetic cat only...

5. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

There's a person on my local CL asking for Lantus because she has no insurance. It probably is illegal, but it is done. Whether it goes to a person or a cat, it's always safest (liability-wise) to ask to see a script.

6. vansplic

vansplic Member

Right now I have calls in to all the local shelters to call me if they get a Lantus kitty (currently no one has any diabetic kitties which, frankly, scares me). If I do not get a call by next week the Lantus will be going to Yoda and Oscar in Bloomington. Itty's way of contributing to DCIN for all their help.

Sorry I forgot to keep it updated! ohmygod_smile

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

just give it to yoda already...

8. vansplic

vansplic Member

:D
    Please bear with me. Honestly, I know that the shelters didn't even bother to write down my info. For me it is just part of the grief. I know that Itty is gone but still hope for a call or a meow at the door of another kitty who has no hope... That I can't turn away to distract me from the pain. I know it isn't rational and if they were ready to start using it now I would have brought it down already.
    The current pen Yoda is on should run out in a couple of weeks and they will then be ready for the new vial. Meanwhile on our end it will allow me to get my son settled in school so I know when I can bring the Lantus down to Bloomington.

9. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

No worries everyone! We are OK on insulin for the time being. I had someone here locally give us an unused vial of lantus as well. Once our current pen runs out we'll start on her open vial of lantus (since it has already been used once - don't want it to go bad!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.