Latte - Please send love and white light

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carolynandlatte, Jul 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

I had a weird feeling this a.m. I asked Latte if she didnt have a miracle in her to walk again, to please let the miracle be to give me courage to do the right thing. Within an hr it was clear. But I couldnt get it together to bring her to the vet in just a few hrs (my selfishness). I decided on Monday, because no one would come and do it at the clinic on Sunday.

Latte has been covered in a blanket all day. She wouldnt normally like this. She acted peaceful and different. Ive been laying next to her petting her head, which she seems to like.

I called the animal communicator last week again for an emergency session, but she did not get back to me until today. She told me latte felt she was leaving her body. She would prefer help because the process is uncomfortable. She understands I may have to wait until Monday but does not know if she can wait that long. She would try.

Someone please tell me this a/c is not a scam. Please, I do not want to make latte suffer, but dont want to act on a whim...its he life! But I already had the sense....

I was told she prefers to go in the evening when its dark and cooler. She wants to be left alone to sleep. And my watching her seems like Im trying to care for her and preventing her from leaving.

wow. Im a mess. I THINK i know whats right in my heart. But so soon? Yet if she went on her own this weekend I would be devestated for not doing it the way she would lke. I dont know what kind of help Im asking for...sorry :(

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: Latte - Please Help!!

(((Carolyn))))

we are here with you, what ever you decide.

3. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

oh poor Latte. I can offer no advice but hugs and prayers for you both.

4. Cyn and Cosmo

Cyn and Cosmo Member

I'm certainly in not good shape to help guide you here.

What I can say, is that though I am almost 100% sure I made the right choice to help Cosmo cross to the bridge, that it still hurts like hell. I cry almost uncontrollably whenever I am on my way home.

BUT. I am very relieved that he didn't have a painful death. I never wanted that for him. It was my biggest fear, and that gave me the strength to make the hardest decision I have ever made in my whole life. I'm sure you will make the right decision for you and Latte.

((Carolyn)) ((Latte))

sending white light to your baby.

5. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I don't know how to help, but know that we support your decision, whatever that may be. This is much harder on you than it is on Latte. She loves you and trusts you, and she knows you are thinking of her needs first.

You are so in tune with Latte that you will know what she wants.

Sending peaceful snowflakes for you and Latte.

6. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Sending prayers your way. You'll make the right decision, and so will Latte.

Hugs, white light, vines, prayers, everything possible to you, Carolyn, and to Latte.

Best-
    Michele

7. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

(((Carolyn))) (((Latte))) Bless both your hearts.. I don't know what the right answer is for you.. I know what I would do though.. but only you can make a decision that you will be most comfortable with forever. Latte is blessed in abundance with love & companionship, but has been in poor health for quite some time & I personally think its time :YMHUG: I have had to step away from my own self in the past to let a furbaby go.. when I knew it was best for her - I took myself out of the equation, but I have never once regretted it. I think you need to know absolutely in your heart which way to go, before doing anything. You need to be at peace with your decision. Latte loves you & you love Latte, there is no doubt there.. again.. bless both your hearts there is no easy answer.. there is no comfort in hanging on or letting go... praying for you both... I trust in you & your decision for all the right reasons...

8. Barb and Tori

Barb and Tori Well-Known Member

Oh Carolyn Sweetheart. I don't know what to say to you but I want to help you so much. All I can say is take a deep breath, try and get yourself in a quiet space and try to listen to your heart and to what Latte is telling you. What ever you decide to do it won't be wrong. You know why? It is because you love Latte more than anything else in the world. You only want what is best for her. A very wise person on this Board once said that No one will leave this world before it is God's time for them to leave. It is true. Believe it.

Many hugs for you Carolyn. I wish I was there with you right now but I am with you in spirit. Please give our little Warrior Princess a gentle kiss for me and Tori.

9. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

((((Carolyn)))) I am so sorry you are having to make this decision. But whatever you decide it will be out of love and it will be the right decision for you and Latte. My prayers are with you.

10. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

carolyn, i wish i knew how to help you. you're faced with a tough decision... one most of us have had to make at one time or another. unfortunately, it's a decision only you can make. whatever you decide, it will be right. you have our support and love.
    many, many hugs...

11. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I had a PM exchange with Cyn a few days ago. I changed a few words so it is relevant to Latte. I don't know if I believe in an animal communicator. I do believe our cats communicate with us, though.

I had George with me for 20+ years. He was the world's sweetest cat. I have friends who couldn't stand cats who adored him. He was very special. The last year of his life he had intestinal CA. He would leak. It wasn't great but he wasn't ready to leave. And then he decided it was time. He couldn't get to his favorite place -- on the pillow next to me in bed. It was the hardest decision I've ever had to make and I still get choked up. I don't know if George held on because of me. All I could do was have faith in my belief that he would tell me when it was time and he did. Latte will tell you and you will know that she's ready. These guys are so self-sufficient at some things and so dependent in other ways and completely insinuated into our lives. We're never ready for them to be sick or to leave us. It is horribly hard but you will be there with her and that will be the most devoted act of love and kindness you can give. And I'm in tears as I'm typing. My heart is with you.

(((Carolyn))) You will know in your heart when it is time because Latte will tell you. You listen to her so well. You'll hear what she needs you to hear even if it makes your heart ache.

12. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

((((((Carolyn and Latte)))))

I encourage you to trust your heart in this matter and allow what you and Latte feel is right to guide you.

Sending all my strength to you and Latte.

13. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

(((Carolyn))) I am sending prayers to you and Latte that you will feel peace with your decision, whatever you decide. I think that you know and love your girl so much that you will know what is right for her. I think you should listen to your heart and look into her eyes, and that the answer lies in those two places. I don't know that you need to allow the AC to add stress to the issue for you. There is no doubt that you have been given some things to consider by the AC, and some different ways of looking at things, but ultimately, this is between you and Latte. I would guess that your being by her side is a comfort to Latte. This is so, so sad. My heart breaks that you have to make these decisions. I know that all of your decisions have been made, and will continue to be made, out of love for her. I don't think you can really go wrong when you act out of love. Your heart and your instinct will guide you. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I admire you, and all that you have done, and continue to do for your girl.

14. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

sending you support whatever decision you make for Latte she knows how much she is loved I will be honest I myself just do not believe in animal communicators but that's just me I am a very skeptical person prayers your way ((((((((Carolyn)))))))

15. kryskat

kryskat Well-Known Member

(((Carolyn)))

I believe in your heart you know what to do - try to clear your mind of what the A/C told you and concentrate on your gut feeling... It's hard, I know, with all the conflicting emotions... and don't try to overthink it. You know what is best for Latte... the A/C can't tell you that - and I have had amazing experiences with supposed psychics, etc... (and lousy ones too) but in the end, I've learned that you can't go with what anyone else tells you... You have to go with what's in your heart. And whatever you decide - like everyone says - it won't be wrong. It will be the right choice.

I'm so sorry I can't help you more - I wish I could, I wish I could be there and somehow bring you peace in this matter... but I can't. I'm so, so sorry you're going through this, Carolyn... My heart is with you and Latte...

I think Latte loves you a lot. Reach deep in your heart and see what she's telling you. She loves you and you can't make the wrong decision in her eyes... You're the best mama bean, Carolyn.

Oh - I wish so much I could help more than this...

16. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

(((Carolyn))) I'm not very good with words, but can offer you both big hugs, and pray for strengh for both you and Latte.

17. Chris and Chloe

Chris and Chloe Member

(((Carolyn))) I believe that we form a very special bond with our sugarbabies, and I know the decision you make will be the right one.

Sending you strength and peace and lots of love.

18. skippy and birten

skippy and birten Member

(((Carolyn))) and (((Latte)))
    Sending you peace and strength. Your strong bond with Latte will be with you no matter what decision you make. We support you! Hugs

19. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

((Carolyn)) so sorry you are going through this. You will know in your heart what the right decision is. Sending hugs, prayers & support your way!!!

20. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Carolyn ... I don't have any words for you ... just tears ... what a tough decision to make ... I don't think you need anyone here telling you what to do, and you don't need an animal communicator telling you what to do ... you and latte have a connection that makes you one .. it's a bond that we all have with a furbaby at one point or another in our lives ... but we don't know it until we are here, at this crossroad you find yourself at ... you will know what to do and when to do it ....

21. sanrun

sanrun Member

(((Carolyn))) I'm so sorry Latte's time is nearing. She is at peace and from what you wrote is not suffering, unless that changes I would feel comfortable waiting. That's me, though. Cecil and Jessie were having breathing issues, so I had to make a quick desision. I could see in Jessie's eyes that it was time. Cecil battled back and rallied a bit, but his poor heart was shot. :cry: You did a wonderful job caring for Latte, so please don't feel guilty about how you handled the end.

Big :YMHUG: :YMHUG: Sandy & Dottie

22. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Carolyn, Sweetie....is she eating at all? You didn't mention the LB or if she is trying to sit so i am assuming that she made no attempt to sit today. she was so fastidious abut using the LB and it sounded as if she was really trying. Rest is good for her at this point in her recovery, isn't it? Maybe she is just resting. ???
    I am not sure about the a/c myself. I agree that things that person says muddy the waters a bit. I mean, you don't really know the a/c at all, do you? So, to put what she says above what you know yourself after all these years with Latte might not be the best right now.
    What she says is not written in stone exactly, is it?

So, depending on what is going on there today, there might not be an urgent issue that you have to deal with as soon as possible.
    As Sandy just said, if there is a breathing issue it has to be an immediate reaction. There are countless other conditions that would merit quick action to keep Latte from experiencing too much distress.

I know that you have been thinking about Latte's quality of life for a long time now. She has been through so much. And you have been there with her through it all. I know she loves you Carolyn...but in my mind, I am not sure that a kitty will hang on indefinitely because they love their Bean.
    If that were the case, we would have a lot of 50 year old kitties around, right?
    They all love their Beans just as Latte loves YOU. But when it is there time, they know it. It's almost the Law, ya know...that they may not linger because of their love that they leave behind. They must go when it is their time. She is loving your nearness and all that you do for her so don't stop that! (don't think you are keeping her because of the things you do for her, ya know what I mean?)
    You have to think about the way she is acting and decide if you think she is ready. If she is eating and attempting to do things, then I don't think she is ready for you to do anything. If she stops eating and moving around, then after awhile of seeing her like that, then maybe she is telling you something in that. But YOU have to see and hear her....it is up to you to know her thoughts....
    You are watching her closely...today, tonight and tomorrow. Whatever you think is best for you both is what you will do....
    We love you both so much and we are all here for you. We feel your pain and hope that you will find peace in your decision.
    You can decide to NOT decide too....take your time and enjoy the quiet time you two are having now....sending much love and many hugs to you both! :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

23. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

My heart is with you Carolyn. You have done everything possible to help Latte and I'm sure you will continue to help her as she finds her way to peace, whether it is tonight or Monday or next week. So many tears for you both.

24. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

carolyn, we are all here for you, and i hope you can continue to draw strength from us.
    the specific circumstances may differ but we all have stood or will stand in your shoes one day. this is the hardest road to travel sometimes yet the easiest one, too, because we've had the love of a dear furry companion in our lives. that is worth EVERYTHING.
    i know you will do the right thing for latte if it is her time.
    i wish you peace and clarity, and total communication with your dear girl.
    (((CAROLYN)))

25. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

I haven't seen you use the word "peaceful" and "Latte" in the same sentence in a while. Whether that means she feels peaceful that her time is coming, or peaceful because she finally feels like she can rest and heal and stop being so gosh darn stubborn.... I don't know. But know that we love you both, and are praying constantly for you.

MJ&Donovan

26. sehjak (Susan & Lanky)

sehjak (Susan & Lanky) Well-Known Member

Carolyn - I think Latte will let you know. As you lay beside her, just be and listen. When the decision is ready to be made, you'll know because you will be at peace. You will be sad, with a heavy heart, and shouldering unbearable grief, but you will be clear. Remember, Latte cares as much about you as you do for her. She may decide to make the decision herself and if she does, you will be clear about that too.

My heart is with you both. Lots of love and hugs to you both.

Susan

27. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sending peace and comfort to surround you both ((((((carolynandlatte)))))) at this sad time.

Robin

28. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Carolyn - I truly believe that you will know, that Latte will tell you. Susan has written what I truly believe - lay with her, listen. the decision will be tough, you will be sad, you will cry, you two will bond, but you will be clear. You will know. And if she makes the choice on her own, it will be OK too, you will be clear on that as well. You both know each other so well - there will be peace, clarity when the choice is made.

I send you hugs, and peace, and comfort.

Michelle

29. paige

paige Well-Known Member

(((((Carolyn))))) It sounds like you already know in your heart what you feel is best. That weird feeling this morning, and the love and communication that exchanges between you and Latte may help with making this heartbreaking choice. We will be with you always and support you in any way needed. I just wish that if you choose to have her cross the bridge, that you did not have to wait until Monday. May god give you the strength you need to make the right choice for Latte. We will always have a broken heart when the time comes, but remember to make the decision on what is best for Latte. We love you Latte.

30. Lydia & Sid & Jake(GA)

Lydia & Sid & Jake(GA) Well-Known Member

This is such a hard decision. I'm so sorry that you are faced with this. I feel that you have do what you feel is right for Latte and you alone know what that is because you know her better than anyone. Trust yourself and you won't go wrong. ((((Latte + Carolyn)))

31. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

((Carolyn))
    Just prayers to guide you and Latte through this.
    Our hearts are heavy for the two of you tonight.
    She knows you love her as she loves you.
    Find peace together.

32. Carrie & Trouble

Carrie & Trouble Member

It sounds like Latte is comfortable and resting. I don't get the sense there is any constant pain...maybe she is giving you a tiny bit more time to hug and kiss and say your good-byes. You will do whatever is best for your baby, but I wouldn't rush it. If the time comes before Monday and it is Latte's decision, don't beat yourself up. They are crazy smart and incredibly in touch with there own limits. If you are going back and forth, you aren't ready. Rest easy until it becomes clear. I will be thinking of you both!

33. Ronnie & Luna

Thinking of you Carolyn. cat_pet_icon

34. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

((((Carolyn and Latte)))) Praying for you and Latte as you make your decision.

35. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

(((Carolyn)))
    This is always such a hard decision to make..
    You are so close with your girl! And, she knows that you will make the right decision for her when she is ready.. It's just never easy!!

My prayers are with you..

36. Patricia&Brownie

Patricia&Brownie Member

((((Carolyn and Latte)))) I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers this weekend. No matter what happens, Latte knows that you have her best interests at heart...

37. Frip&Grip

Frip&Grip Member

(((Carolyn))) I believe you will know in your hearth when it’s time, she will let you know and you will have no more doubts…
    She knows you love her… cat_pet_icon
    Praying you find peace with whatever decision you make...

38. Iorwen & Tray

Iorwen & Tray Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry you are facing this but know we are all here for you, whatever you decide.
    I think you know Latte best, and you can communicate with her like no one else. You will know what to do and when to do it. It's accepting that, which is the difficult part. We all support you though, please know that.

Big hugs to you and sweet Latte.

39. Meadow

Meadow Member

{{{{Carolyn}}}} I can't add anything more to what the others have already said. Just know in your heart that whatever decision you make for Latte will be the right one because it is made with all the love in your heart. My heart is breaking for all you are going through. GLOW surrounds your sweet girl and my thoughts are with you both.

40. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Carolyn)))

I cannot add any more to what has been said either. I am thinking of you and Latte. Whatever you decide will be the right decision and we are all here to support you through this very difficult time.

41. Sarah and Velcro

Sarah and Velcro Member

Carolyn's at the University ER vet now. :(

We love you Latte! Run free Girl
    (((Carolyn)))

42. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry Carolyn. All of FDMB is crying with you tonight.
    But you are giving the kindest gift of all to your sweet Latte.
    The gift of peace and release.

((((((Carolyn))))))

43. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

There is starlight and moon beams to help Latte find her way. All of our GA kitties will be there to wish her welcome and help her find butterflies and feathers to chase. She can sleep in the soft grass, feel the gentle breeze in her face, and be free of any pain or discomfort. She will be at the Bridge waiting and in the time between, she will always be in your heart and in your memory.

We love you Latte.

(((Carolyn)))

44. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

i'm so sorry Carolyn. such a sad evening. tears are being shed. safe and peaceful crossing Latte

45. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

So sorry, my thoughts are with you.

46. kryskat

kryskat Well-Known Member

My heart is breaking... Fly free, sweet Latte. We all love you...

No kitty was ever loved more... and you will be loved always...

((((((((((Carolyn))))))))))

47. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

fly free latte ... you are so brave ...

48. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Safe Journey Latte ((((((Carolyn)))))

49. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry Carolyn. You have given latte the best gift, the kindness gift any person can give to their kitties. She will be able to run free, roll in the grass, have a lazy pain free day. She will be able to play with all her GA friends. She will love you for the gift you have given her. remember her always - memories will fill the gaps, give you peace and comfort. I send love, I send white light, and have lit a candle for her journey. Hugs always.

50. PJ and Cagney

PJ and Cagney Member

{{{{{Carolyn}}}}}
    You have given the greatest gift you could have given her: freedom from suffering. We grieve with you.

Fly high and free sweet Latte!

51. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((((carolyn)))))
    we're crying along with you.
    i'm so, so sorry.
    i have a candle burning to help show her the way.

wings_cat fly free, dear sweet latte...

52. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

There are no words :cry:

Love to you both.

MJ&Donovan

53. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

candles are lit here. I'm so sorry, Carolyn. You are one of the bravest beans I know, to do this for Latte.

Fly free, little Latte. wings_cat

54. Fleapunk

Fleapunk Member

Oh ((((((((Carolyn))))))))) I'm so sorry :( I wish I could hug you all in person, this is so sad.

General Noisy's candle has been lit for Latte.

[​IMG]

55. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

Thinking of you Carolyn. I'm so, so sorry.
    Sending hugs and support your way. :YMHUG:
    Fly free Miss Latte. rb_icon

((((Carolyn & Latte))))

56. Frip&Grip

Frip&Grip Member

((((((Carolyn))))) So sorry for you loss… My heart goes out to you... I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Lit a candle for Latte. Fly free, sweet Latte…

57. Cyn and Cosmo

Cyn and Cosmo Member

I'm sure Cosmo is waiting to greet Latte, along with all the other LL GA kittehs.

Maybe they're getting the grand tour together.

Fly free Latte. Fly free. You were loved, and loved so well.

((Carolyn)) I know there are no words that will give you comfort right now. Sharing memories of my baby has helped me feel better, even if it makes me cry. I know this was a very difficult decision to make, if not THE hardest, but it can't be wrong if we do it out of love. And Latte knows that.

58. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

safe crossing, Latte.

59. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

((((Carolyn))))

Fly free baby girl.. you will be so missed..

60. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

(((((((((Carolyn))))))))) You listened to your dear Latte and you both made the decision, together. Fly free, sweet Latte! Carolyn, she is at peace now and will forever be with you. Hold her dear to your heart and treasure your wonderful memories. Tonight you made the ultimate gift of love to your sweet kitty. We grieve with you and know that you will find comfort in the thought that you helped your Latte cross the Rainbow Bridge. The moon and the stars are lighting her way, and we will light a candle and say a prayer.
    In deepest sympathy and with many hugs for you,
    Ella & Stu

61. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh, Carolyn.....I am so sorry. My heart is breaking for you. All of the love you and Latte shared is still there. You can feel it in all that pain you feel. Latte is happy now at the bridge. Sending you tons of peace and comfort.

62. Janice & Johnny

Janice & Johnny Well-Known Member

Carolyn, I have tears reading through this thread...praying for you and your Latte.

63. Complick8d

Complick8d Well-Known Member

((((((Carolyn)))))) Fly free Latte

64. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Carolyn)))

I am so sorry.
    Fly free sweet Latte. rb_icon

65. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

(((((((((Carolyn)))))))Deeply deeply srry to read this--You tried so hard to keep her going, and did the very best you could as did Latte-
    She had a wondeful life with a great momma bean like you--You did what you felt was right for her, and that is the most we can do for those we love--Lighting yet another candle for a kitty we have all known & loved--You & Latte will be together again someday--Love never dies..
    SO SAD>>SO SORRY!

66. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

(((Carolyn)))

My heart breaks for you...
    My thoughts and prayers are with you..

Fly free sweet Latte!

A candle is lit to guide you to the rainbow bridge rb_icon ..

67. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

carolyn i know how much pain you will experience in the next few days...the emptines. the price of loving so deeply. i don't know how we get thru it but i know we do... when your tears are falling please know hundreds, maybe more, people here are thinking of you, feeling your pain with you, wishing they could hold you and give you comfort. you are not walking thru this heartbreak alone. there is so much love surrounding you and latte. from here. the people who know how much we love our very special precious cats. the people who totally understand.
    we are with you

68. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

My heart is just breaking for you, but you will do whats right for you and Latte. I cry right along with you.
    Jan and Buddy

69. Jezebel

Jezebel Member

Carolyn
    It is the hardest decision you ever have to make but also the most unselfish one....I've had to make it many times.
    Latte is at peace and dancing in the stars now....
    Debie & Jezebel

70. Susie and Moochie

Susie and Moochie Member

I'm so sorry, Carolyn.

Run free, Latte!

71. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

i'm going to light a candle at gratefulness.org and a real one, too, right now.
    carolyn, i'm so sorry.
    fly free, latte.

72. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

I would like to write more another time...tomorrow...a few days...a week?
    I feel a bit in shock. This was not planned, but I knew this a.m. something did not feel right. It became clear she was not going to walk again and possibly not eat or drink on her own. That was my heart and her eyes telling me. I was going to wait until Monday, yet once the vet closed I knew I may have made a mistake. The AC only confirmed what I sensed.

It was as smooth as it possibly could be. Beyond that I have not fully processed it.

Thank you for the support. I cannot read anything now. But I will come back and do so in the next day or two.

(((LL)))

73. joyce-tuscany(GA)

joyce-tuscany(GA) Well-Known Member

((Carolyn)) - I am so sorry to hear that it was today - we keep trying to sneak another day, another week, just a little more time with our loved ones. You have been the greatest bean - so dedicated in your care and love for Latte. I wish there was more we could do to help you through this tough time - we are here if you need us.

74. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

Carolyn - I didn't see this earlier so didn't post - and am just now seeing your post. You did indeed, I'm sure, do the loving and necessary thing for your sweet girl. Not eating, not drinking, not able to move - and now she is free of any pain - she is playing young and whole again with all the extra sweet kitties who were waiting to welcome her.

I'm sure you're in a state of shock and my heart goes out to you - so much sadness lately - so many goodbyes. But from your post, I know that in your heart you know what you gave her was the most wonderful gift of love and by doing so you've taken on the sadness of the goodbye. You shared a wonderful love and life together and you gave her so much while she was with you - that love and those memories will remain forever in your heart and I'm hoping they will comfort you in the time to come and help to fill the hole left by her goodbye.

You can see from the posts how many here are shedding tears with you and for you - we've all been through this and know your pain.

Sending many comforting prayers your way. You did indeed do what was best for your sweet girl.

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi too)

75. Sherry and Harley

Sherry and Harley Member

I'm so sorry, Carolyn. My heart is breaking for you. It seems I'm shedding tears on a daily basis for folks here who are losing their kitties. It's so very clear from your posts how much you love her. She was such a fighter. You are a good kitty mom to help her on her journey....such a difficult decision. You are both in my thoughts.

s

76. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Oh (((((((((Carolyn))))))))))), I am so very sorry. I know there are no words to take the pain away that you are feeling right now. Sending many hugs and comforting thoughts to you.

Fly free, sweet beautiful Latte.

77. Nicole and Napoleon

Nicole and Napoleon Well-Known Member

(((((Carolyn I am so so very sorry.))))) You made Latte your first priority in this decision and it was the best thing to do. You took away her suffering and gave her peace.
    Fly free Latte, you will have many others there to greet you at the bridge.

78. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Tonight you were Latte's angel. Sending many hugs for you, Carolyn. You are being held close by so many here.

79. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

I am so sorry (((Carolyn))). My heart goes out to you. Fly free, sweet Latte. You will be missed.

80. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

Safe Journey Latte.

so very sorry for your sadness (((((( Carolyn ))))).

81. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

oh carolyn. I am so sorry it came down to this but you did all you could do and more. sadly,it was latte's time. I do know the pain you are feeling but let the fact that you gave Latte the best gift out of love and did not let her suffer. your bond will remain strong and you will meet again.
    holding you close and prying for the strength for you to get through this as painless as possible. I do not believe anybody could have done more for their cat than you did.

82. Kristen & Emma (GA)

Kristen & Emma (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. You did the brave, kind and selfless thing for Latte. You were a good mom to her!

83. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

(((Latte)))

Carolyn, I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart is hurting for you.
    You did the biggest act of love for Latte. She is at the bridge now, and you will be with her again one day.
    (((BIG HUGS)))

and many big tears.

84. Ronnie & Luna

((((Carolyn))))

fly free sweet little Latte, we love u and mom loves u so much.

85. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Fly free sweet Latte. You will be dearly missed.

(((((Carolyn)))))

86. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

((((Carolyn)))) my heart breaks to read this but know you did the best you could for Latte!!!! Fly free sweet Latte! Hugs to you Carolyn through this difficult time.

87. Sonia & Tom (GA)

Sonia & Tom (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. You are an amazing mamabean.

88. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

fly free sweet Latte - may your landing be soft and peaceful.

89. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

~Fly Free Dear Sweet Latte~
    I am so sorry Carolyn. Crying for you and sending lots of love and strength to you now
    ((((((((((Carolyn))))))))))

90. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Carolyn, I am so so sorry that your heart is breaking. I know this decision was one of the hardest you have had to make but you made it because you knew it was the right thing. Latte loved you, you loved her, and you gave her the best gift ever. She is now whole again and running around with Cosmo, Jake, and all the other Lantus Land kitties that have crossed the bridge before her. I know at this time, no words will comfort you or make you feel better. That will come with time....the pain will lessen and you will be able to think about Latte and your tears of pain will be replaced with smiles.
    We are here for you, Carolyn. When you are ready we are here to listen, to give you cyber hugs and support. I know that coming to LL may be to painful for a while, but we aren't going anywhere so, when you are ready....

Fly free, sweet, beautiful, loving Latte. (((((Carolyn)))))

91. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

((((((((Carolyn))))))) I am so sorry and my heart is just breaking upon reading this sending you lots of support and HUGS

Fly Free sweet Latte rb_icon wings_cat wings_cat

92. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

((Carolyn))
    I have lit a candle here for Latte to cross safely and join our GA's.
    The hardest decision a mother has to make is what is best for her children, furry or not.
    You have cared for and loved Latte her entire life and she needed you to finally set her free.
    She knows that and wll always be with you in your heart.

Fly free sweet Latte. You will be dearly missed and many many tears are being
    shed today for you.

The sky will shine brighter tonight as a beautiful star has soared above.
    wings_cat Latte

93. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

((((((((((((((((((((Oh Carolyn)))))))))))))))))))), you did what you knew in your heart was what was best for Latte. She can fly free of the illness that weighed her down for so long. She stayed with you out of love and you let her go with the same love. She is carefree at the Bridge, except for missing you and waiting for you. wings_cat

94. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. My heart is breaking with yours.

Fly free sweet Latte.

95. myla

myla Member

Tears and hugs to you Carolyn. Latte gave you your answer and you can be at peace knowing that.

Fly free precious Latte.

96. BobsMom

BobsMom Member

I am so very sorry for your loss. I admire you for being able to make such an unselfish decision and give Latte the the last, best gift that you could give her. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    wings_cat

97. sharon and sparky

sharon and sparky Member

Fly Free Sweet Latte>>>>>><<<<< Watch over your Mommy and send her your love from your whole and healthy self. wings_cat

98. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Carolyn My heart just goes out to you. Everything happens as it should. It's not always the way we want but Latte is free. Free from her sick tired body. She is at peace. You know in your heart you helped all you could. Hold on to that.

Fly free sweet kitty, kitty. Land ever so softly...
    Jeanne

99. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Fly Free darling Latte, you fought long and hard little one. You were one very well loved kitty-girl, a thousand hearts are breaking right now. Be at peace sweet girl.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Carolyn}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} There are no words that will help you feel better, just know that we are all wrapping you in our arms right now. I am deeply sorry for your loss. Your Latte will watch over you now from the Bridge, between chasing mice and playing with the other kitties.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Carolyn}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

100. Sunshine and BA

Sunshine and BA Member

Carolyn, I'm very sorry your journey with Latte has transitioned. You accepted the challenge to make a huge decision to interrupt, stop or prevent suffering providing peace and physical comfort to Latte thus creating a tremendous pain in your heart. This is the place where life death and memories merge in your relationship with Latte. Do everything you need to do to take care of yourself and memorialize Latte. Thank you for caring so much, so often and so lovingly for Latte. In time, may peace replace the pain in your heart. There's a silence in the feline world today, many weep with you.

I thought of you with love today, but that is nothing new,
    I thought about you yesterday, and days before that too.

I think of you in silence, I always speak your name.
    All I have are memories and your beautiful pictures in a frame.

Your memory is my keepsake, with which I'll never part -
    God has you in his keeping, and I have you in my heart.

Lorraine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.