Left out all night

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Sher bear, Jan 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sher bear

Sher bear New Member

hello, I’m sure this has been asked a million times before.. I left my bottle of pro zinc out all night.. 7pm to 7 am.. it was left in the box..
    I called the vet and they said I need to get a new bottle.. I’ve only been using this bottle for 3 weeks now.. practically brand new..

Do I really need to buy a whole new bottle?
    Thanks!!

2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I am not sure on Prozinc. I know with lantus you can do that and no ill affects.

3. Vader723

Vader723 Member

I looked up the package insert online http://www.prozinc.us/content/dam/internet/ah/prozinc/us_EN/documents/ProZinc_Product_Info.pdf and it states that it does need to stay refrigerated. Having said that, there is an 800 number you can call, though they will likely say the same as your vet to absolve themselves should any ill effects occur. If you choose to continue using the insulin, I would monitor it's effects closely over the next several days and replace it at the first sign that it is not working as it should. My fear (based on no actual knowledge whatsoever, full disclosure) is that it would result in a hypo event rather than resulting in elevated blood sugars. I'm watching the space to see what other people recommend.

I also saw on the insert that I am supposed to be keeping the Prozinc upright when storing, vs on it's side as it is currently residing. Ooops. :oops:

4. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

5. Vader723

Vader723 Member

Thank you, @Critter Mom! I was checking the FMDB between meetings at work and just saw the alerts, but didn’t go into the other threads. lol I’m happy she received advice elsewhere!

Critter Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.