Libby's Sterling has crossed the bridge

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA, Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

She posted on Facebook that Sterling had gone downhill. She helped him cross the bridge yesterday. (lrwig on FDMB)

Fly free, Sterling!

2. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

so sad, this news.

3. Patti and Merlin

Patti and Merlin Member

Dear Libby
    Just wanting to send more love to you and Sterling here. I always wish there were words to make this time easier - less painful - something was given to me recently and I hope maybe you will like it:

They whom we love
    and lose are no longer
    where they were before...
    They are now forever
    in our hearts...

And Sterling truly is forever in our hearts!

With love always!
    Patti

4. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

(((((Libby and Sterling)))))

5. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss Libby.

((((hugs))))) fly free Sterling and land softly.

6. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

Libby - words don't help much at this time but our hearts go out to you at the loss of your sweet boy. The gift you gave, of course, was the ultimate gift of love and the most difficult one to give.

I'm so sorry you had to let him go - but in doing so you took away his pain and left him young and free again.
    What a welcome must have been waiting for him at the Bridge - those kitties who have meant so much to all of us here on the board.

May the wonderful memories and love you shared comfort you as you say goodbye to him and may they stay forever in your heart.

Sending many comforting prayers and thoughts.

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi too)

7. M L and Cleo (GA)

M L and Cleo (GA) Member

I'm so sorry Libby.

Sending prayers for comfort and strength.

8. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Libby, I knew Sterling was an acro-kitty, but by the time I came, you were no longer posting. My heart aches for you because I know how your heart aches - I pray that you will receive strength and comfort from your friends and family. When you feel up to it, I hope you can write a little tribute to Sterling so all of us newer acromoms can get to know him.

9. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

((((Libby)))) I am so sorry it was Sterling's time. You did everything for him and I know he knows how much you love him.

Fly free Sterling wings_cat

10. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss May you find peace and comfort in the memories you shared.
    Fly free Sterling, land softly in your mamas heart.
    jeanne

11. Carrie & Trouble

Carrie & Trouble Member

Sorry to hear about your loss. I can't imagine what a difficult time this must be for you. Just know we are all here thinking about you and wishing there was something to say to take the hurt away.

12. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA Member

13. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss.

May all your wonderful memories of Sterling bring you comfort...

...'til you meet again.

14. Carol & Yoshi

Carol & Yoshi Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about Sterling, Libby. If only they could live forever. Please know that so many are thinking of you and with you in spirit. May your angel send you a sign that he is ok soon. (((LIbby)))

15. Susan G and Tiger GA

Susan G and Tiger GA Member

i'm so sorry for the loss of sterling, safe crossing, dear kitty!

16. fourcatsmama

fourcatsmama Member

I'm so sorry! Fly free Sterling!

17. pamela and tigger

pamela and tigger Well-Known Member

I am so sorry Libby. It is never easy to let them go. I am sure it was probably the hardest thing you have ever had to do. My deepest condolences. Fly free Sterling and rest in peace. (((Libby)))

18. Deb and Pippin

Deb and Pippin Member

[​IMG]

Fly high and free on your beautiful new wings Sterling.

19. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss of Sterling. Your love will carry him across the rainbow bridge where he will be happy and healthy again. I hope in time your fond memories will ease your pain. Sending you peace and comfort.

20. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

you've been there for him when he's needed you, every step of the way.
    you were with him at the end when he needed you most, to free him of pain and suffering and send him on to god.
    you were a loyal and true friend and companion to one who loved you most in life.
    i know he is proud of you and grateful to be a beacon of light in the universe now.
    (((Libby)))

21. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I'm so sorry, Libby. I know you will miss Sterling terribly. Fly free, sweet Sterling. wings_cat

22. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((((((((((((((LIBBY))))))))))))))))))))))))

Sending many many cyber hugs. I am so very sorry for your loss. Sterling is flying free now, whole and healthy over the Rainbow Bridge. rb_icon

wings_cat

23. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

so very sorry for your loss.

Peace Sterling rb_icon

24. Jennifer+Spunky(GA)+Peake

Jennifer+Spunky(GA)+Peake Member

You were the best Mom Sterling could have had. Thank you so much for sticking with him through the trials of acromegaly. It's the sadest time...but we are so lucky that we can help them...he's romping with Spunky and all the others. I'm so sorry for your loss. You and Sterling will always have a special place in me heart. Jen

25. stephanie and pheobe

stephanie and pheobe New Member

Dear Libby - I am so sorry to hear this sad news - I hope the memories of Sterling and his love keep you strong and just wanted to send my love to you.
    Take care
    with lots of love
    Steph
    xx

26. Me and Bayley

Me and Bayley Member

((((Libby))))

I know it is so hard. How lucky Sterling was to have you - and you to have Sterling to love. I wish there were words that can help. I am sending you my thoughts, hugs and support. Fly free Sterling.....

27. Libby and Sterling

Libby and Sterling New Member

Thank you everyone for the kind words...I was having a good day yesterday but last night I stayed awake most of the night expecting to hear Sterling's meows to let me know he needed his test and shot...today I am feeling an emptiness that can never be filled...I came home from work and fully expected my boy to be waiting for me at the front door like he would do every time I returned from work...We have two other cats and a dog but it's just not the same...I will try to sit down soon and write a tribute but the nerves are still too raw...Sterling didn't do any extraordinary things but he was my baby and as everyone knows when we are caregivers to these amazing acrocats we get sooooo attached :cry:

28. sehjak (Susan & Lanky)

sehjak (Susan & Lanky) Well-Known Member

Libby - we are so sorry for the loss of your beloved Sterling. Only know that others share your grief and sadness sending you and your family hugs and love to ease the pain. And, may all of the sweet and precious memories bring you happiness when the sadness fades.

All our love and sympathy,
    Susan & Lanky

29. Debbie and Bryce

Debbie and Bryce Member

(((Libby)))

We are all thinking of you. So very sorry to hear this sad news.

30. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

((( Libby )))

Sterling was special to you, and you to him. The kind of love you shared - that is what was extraordinary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.